APC Forum

homemade bottle jack press

eggi96

This is my homemade bottle jack press the materials cost me about $130 and took me about 1 day to make. Im yet to test it yet I will do that shortlypost-10198-0-36331900-1297814619_thumb.jpg

well see i dont live in america and here in australia they are fairly expensive and shipping from america wouldn't pay oiff

My apologies, I meant to add that your press looks great, yes we are lucky in that respect, supplies and tools are readily available at decent prices

sure thing haha i tried pressing a whistle rocket and pushed a bit too hard and the casing cracked so ill have to buy a support sleeve tomorrow then ill post some up

My apologies, I meant to add that your press looks great, yes we are lucky in that respect, supplies and tools are readily available at decent prices

supper cheap Auto has 12T hydrolic for $99 they have outlets right across Australia

Well to bad you guys down under don't have those cheapo tool stores as we do.But hey it should work find for what we do.It looks

great, the only down side was your cost of making it.

Fly

Hey mumbles the type of wood im using is maple and it is 42mm thick.

How thick, and what type of wood do you have on top and bottom.

I use a 38mm thick aluminum plate, that seems to be enough to hold the pressure.

Yes, you have to use a support tube on all rockets that you press.

I made this one a few years back. If you have access to an arc welder, blow torch and angle grinder, and find some cheap ass scrap steel plate it only takes about a day to knock up. the frame is made of 100x50mm (4x2" channel). It is heavy as fuck, but it works without fail, and you'd have to be pressing something into dark dark matter to bend it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/mephistosminion/HydralicPress.jpg?t=1298011219

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/mephistosminion/HydralicPressCloser.jpg?t=1298011427

Edited by Mephistos Minion

I made this one a few years back. If you have access to an arc welder, blow torch and angle grinder, and find some cheap ass scrap steel plate it only takes about a day to knock up. the frame is made of 100x50mm (4x2" channel). It is heavy as fuck, but it works without fail, and you'd have to be pressing something into dark dark matter to bend it.

Nice to see someone else working with an arc welder...never mind all the sissies and their MIGs :lol:

As for bending, put a bigger jack on there and it'll bend.

My press uses 2" heavy wall square tubing and it's bowed top and bottom from pressing BP.

yes i was planning to weld up a square pipe tubing frame with my arc welder but im not that good at using the welder so i past on that idea

btw u have a very nice press

Here is my homemade press. I am so proud of her. Its to damn cold to use it today though.

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_0923.jpg

Thanks mate. I got her all dirty at PGI last summer. I think shes mad at me for leaving her in an unheated shop all winter since when I press the down button she groans and moves slowly. ;)

How fast dose it go up and down because I HATE manually jacked presses because they are just so tedious that's why for anything you can fit under an arbour press I prefer to use an arbor press for