APC Forum

thrust ratios

madmandotcom

about how much weight can a 6 cm 3/4 inch knsu PVC rocket lift?

It has been said before, but........

PVC is not a suitable casing for a pyro rocket. If it breaks it will shatter and spread shards of PVC everywhere at great velocity.

There are lots of articles on rolling good strong cardboard tubes about. I use manilla folders and PVC or wheatpaste, makes a good safe tube and the rockets go fine.

I am very happy for my 19mm * 200mm cardboard tube rockets to lift 200 grams but others say it could do 300 or more.

Can't say how that would relate to your rocket tho. Maybe there is a rocket club forum or something where they don't mind risking their life?

• 4 weeks later...

^^ lol

The truth about PVC is that if you must use it u have to use electronic ignitors at a safe distance. Greater than 40 feet if you ask me, and behind some protection.

If you cannot accommodate all that then Roll your paper over a dowel like i do. A wooden mopstick can give u a 0.8inch diameter rocket.

Use STD printer paper cut in half, (the longer halves) and roll about 6 of those halves to make your rocket. USe paper glue and ur good.

The plus side is you already have a dowel that fits perfectly inside your paper engine.

But PVC are for the experienced.