APC Forum

Rocketry File - 1lb pusher rocket with 3" red peony shell

Stinger

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=77

File Name: 1lb pusher rocket with 3" red peony shell

File Submitter: Stinger

File Submitted: 21 Jan 2011

File Category: Rocketry

This is a 1lb pusher rocket with a red peony shell on top.

Total amount of Fuel used was 50g

10 5g increments were pressed

Fuel consisted of:

76g KClO4

23g potassium benzoate

1g ferric oxide, red

+3 petroleum jelly

10% coarse Ti sponge was pressed in the delay section to give the rocket its nice rising tail

Click here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice rocket and header. What does your tooling look like? I was about to construct a set out of Al , and was torn between a few diff. designs.. How well does the rocket lift heavy shells, 150g or so?

It was made using a so called " pusher tooling".

This set of rooling makes seperior rockets that can lift upto 4" balls shells ( 1lb version) without problems

It was made using a so called " pusher tooling".

This set of rooling makes seperior rockets that can lift upto 4" balls shells ( 1lb version) without problems

Damn that's great !!! I have the spects for the tooling, just need to get to the shop to turn a couple out.... Just met a machinist that has a CNC machine... Ill see if he can help fab up some kick ass tools like star plates and such...

Damn that's great !!! I have the spects for the tooling, just need to get to the shop to turn a couple out.... Just met a machinist that has a CNC machine... Ill see if he can help fab up some kick ass tools like star plates and such...

With patience and strong hands, the tooling can be made at home on a drill press. I only have a 9 X 20 lathe and the thing is so old and abused that it has no feed so all movements are by hand and it takes about 2 hours to make a 1# set from aluminum stock.

With patience and strong hands, the tooling can be made at home on a drill press. I only have a 9 X 20 lathe and the thing is so old and abused that it has no feed so all movements are by hand and it takes about 2 hours to make a 1# set from aluminum stock.

Ya, I hear ya....

My last 5/8 core burner set was made by a drill press. Not as fun as a lathe or CNC equipment for making tools. CNC will be nice for star plates for the most part. I can make a big and accurate plate, where the plate with the pins is half the width of the lower receiving plate, allowing for better pressures and twice the stars.

Btw, what do they call that crosshatch looking grip on the handles of your rocket tooling...( the grip part) ... Does your lathe allow you to do that ?

1lb whistles should be throwing up 4" balls all day...tell me when they start flying 5" ones.

According to Eric's description, it could probably do lighter 5" ball shells such as charcoal streamers or glitters. My colored star shells typically end up in the vicinity of 700-750g. Maybe with a catalyzed mix, it could take those up.

Man that is really cool, how those little motor can deliver such horsepower!!! I got my prints off the same site as well...(flashnet)..

Great schematic program..... Someone needs to get a prize for taking the time to make that program.. 2rolleyes.gif

"knurling" AHHHHH that was the word I was after... Thank you