APC Forum

science teachers driven mad

madmandotcom

nitric acid is actualy a very explosive chemichal, for obvious reasons i am not saying what you need to do to it on openline forum

Toxic, corrosive, oxidising yes.

Explosive no.

nitric acid is actualy a very explosive chemichal, for obvious reasons i am not saying what you need to do to it on openline forum

No it isn't, its a corrosive and potent oxidizer. If its such an "explosive chemichal" than why is used by the ton in industry and as a rocket oxidizer? Once again you have done nothing but proven you are too immature to be handling anything more potent than a match.

And don't kid yourself, everyone here knows what you want to do with it, you want to make high explosives. Nice try though.

refuse to sell me chemichals such as kno3, sodium chloride and nitric acid-just to name a thew

Did anyone else notice this? :lol: . Do you really think a high school aged kid who doesn't know what sodium chloride is should be handling anything more toxic than, well, sodium chloride?

Look, kid, even though I think you are just another kiddie bomber, I could be wrong, so I'm going to try to help you.

Before you do anything purchase and complete this:

: http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products/L11048286.jpg

look at the kid on the box, see how happy he is? That could be you. Go get them letters son!

Once you have mastered the basics of the English language, and some science text books. Come back and we would LOVE to help you.

Edited by anapogeetoofar

Troll?

My vote is yes.

That' date=' or he's twelve. I think that's roughly when our science teachers first gave us the [i']real, scientific[/i] names of baking soda and table salt and we all felt so grown up.

Sorry. That would probably make him eleven.

No it isn't, its a corrosive and potent oxidizer. If its such an "explosive chemichal" than why is used by the ton in industry and as a rocket oxidizer? Once again you have done nothing but proven you are too immature to be handling anything more potent than a match.

And don't kid yourself, everyone here knows what you want to do with it, you want to make high explosives. Nice try though.

Thank you!

Did anyone else notice this? :lol: . Do you really think a high school aged kid who doesn't know what sodium chloride is should be handling anything more toxic than, well, sodium chloride?

i have already stated that i meant chlorate

also, if you distill nitric acid to 99% pure and add glycerin, you have nitroglycerin, the key ingredient to dynamite

Sorry. That would probably make him eleven.

i am 14 and will be turning 15 later on in the year thankyou very much.

Wow, this topic is way out there lol. First thing, why would you look to a school teacher for supplies? Couldn't you just ask what company they order them from?

i have, they have told me that they only supply to bussines and not residential

You also have to take into account that no one in their right mind would sell dangerous chemicals to a kid.

You have a lot to learn before you start messing with chemicals.

i have already stated that i meant chlorate

also, if you distill nitric acid to 99% pure and add glycerin, you have nitroglycerin, the key ingredient to dynamite

Yeah? YouTube or eHow?

Now I have this AC/DC song stuck in my head.

I had 3 years of getting straight As in chemistry in high school, and after all that, and kissing ass, they never let me take their waste chemicals. They would, however let me do most reactions in their labs, with their chemicals, and never really clarified whether I was allowed to take the products home....

But you seem to be pestering them....

if you distill nitric acid to 99% pure and add glycerin, you have nitroglycerin, the key ingredient to dynamite

LOL!

1. 99% nitric for nitration of glycerol? I can only imagine the billowing clouds of nitrogen dioxide wrapping their corrosive crimson tendrils around your pretty face.

2. There dobe something missing from your "k3wl expl0sive rezipee" Here, let me help you out with that:

Anapogeetoofar's nitration of glycerol 4 kidz, abridged version.

"Mr. HNO3 woke up on a fine Monday morning in nitrogenviille, he was very happy, a new employer was in town at one of the three (OH) groups at glyceropolis, and he was hired for the job! Oh joy! But alas, there were some problems, he had some unnecessary accessories, and would need to rid himself of those. He soon learned that there were some kind oxygens in glyceropolis that could help him out, but he needed to be happy and energized! He called his friend: [iNSERT MISSING CHEMICAL HERE] and asked him if he could give him a lift, he agreed! He was even going to help him get happy and energized, and was kind enough pick up some of the tired workers from the earlier shift and take them home, [iNSERT MISSING CHEMICAL HERE] is such a nice chemical.

Poor Mr. HNO3, without [iNSERT MISSING CHEMICAL HERE] he is probably going to go insane and go on a murderous rampage at glyceropolis, violently ripping apart everything, even his fellow HNO3's. So sad."

I also have the synthesis of strychnine 4 kidz DVD box set, comes with a free sample of lead, arsenic, and cadmium based finger paints! I'll even include everyones favorite elementary school experiment: "is acrolein an effective air freshener?"

yeah? YouTube or eHow?

one of my friends from aus actually, also, if you watch hestons ultimate feast, you will notice he flambes his 'cockentrice' using cotton impregnated with 'a composition using nitric acid

There dobe something missing from your "k3wl expl0sive rezipee

and you say i need to focus on my english

You see those little squiggly things around the words? Those are called: "quotation marks" they are what people call: "punctuation" if you look them up, you could find out what they do!

Funny how you are so quick to criticize a purposeful grammatical error, clearly meant to be humorous, when you cant seem to grasp some of basics of the English language.

Alright, its about time I stop, nothing short of a ban hammer will help this kid understand. I'll go away and let the staff take care of things.

You see those little squiggly things around the words? Those are called: "quotation marks" they are what people call: "punctuation" if you look them up, you could find out what they do!

Funny how you are so quick to criticize a purposeful grammatical error, clearly meant to be humorous, when you cant seem to grasp some of basics of the English language.

Alright, its about time I stop, nothing short of a ban hammer will help this kid understand. I'll go away and let the staff take care of things.

Usually it's me that is getting all uppity, it's OK AATF, we all do that once in a while.

one of my friends from aus actually, also, if you watch hestons ultimate feast, you will notice he flambes his 'cockentrice' using cotton impregnated with 'a composition using nitric acid

and you say i need to focus on my english

He does what to his what?

If I were a more charitable type, I'd feel sorry for both of you.

Set yourself on fire. \m/

The stuff Heston used was nitrated cotton or gun cotton. This is not made by simply dipping cotton in nitric acid. It is quite an involved and dangerous process.

I've never seen it used in normal pyro so why would you want it?

Do you have a cockentrice you need to flambe?

Edited by ausgoty

Madmandotcom,

I can't take much more of this and thought I'd put my 2cents in.First of all you shouldn't be asking your teachers for chems. as you are already under the microscope by the teacher.Reading your post tells me that you are already pissed off at this person and arise even more suspicion. The last thing I want to hear in the news is a kid who tried to blow up the school but blew himself up instead.Everyone here knows nitric acid is mostly used in HE so don't insult anyones intelligence.Do yourself a favour, get yourself on the teachers good side,learn what you can, as a good listener will one day become a good talker.You'll be surprised at the results.

The stuff Heston used was nitrated cotton or gun cotton. This is not made by simply dipping cotton in nitric acid. It is quite an involved and dangerous process.

as i said, a compisition involving nitric acid

You've already pretty clearly shown you have significantly more reading and learning to do, so why do you keep digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole?

why do you keep giving me shovels?

Is that what you think? Looks to me like everyone here would like to take your shovel away. And it's probably a good thing that it is hard for you to obtain ingredients.

What the hell is wrong with all of you? A single reply would be sufficient for this. Now its 3 pages?!

Teachers do not own the chemicals. The school owns them. They bought them specifically for lab use. Due to liability concerns they will not sell to anyone. Selling to a student is a recipe for disaster. Case in point being your knowledge and intentions. Your in school for a reason, you are obviously not responsible enough to handle these chemicals. ... Why did you start this thread in the first place?

Well said asilentbob. This thread should be locked as it is of no benefit to anyone.

I hope madmandotcom wises up. At 14 (almost 15) IMO that's still far too young to be experimenting with the things he seems to want to obtain.

I agree. The question itself is inappropriate. Even then, look at the writing style. Maybe we could add a point to the forum rules/FAQ? Don't join primarily to advertise your product. Don't join to ask people how to coerce someone into selling you chemicals. When the n00b gets upset, point to the rules.

Certain posts make me wonder if what the OP is describing is even ethical. This guy just happens to be the most visible. I'll stop countertrolling. Report Post, end of subject.

That said, this thread has been unexpectedly useful. I'm going to actually look up liability laws.