APC Forum

candle on a stick alternatives

madmandotcom

i was entertaining some guests with tricks such as butane bubbles, lighting them with a candle on a stick, being the cheapest, easiest and safest way of doing so, the problem is, however, using them in the wind, i have tried relighting candles but they burn too quickly and have to keep replacing them. i am requesting other ideas, please take into account facts such as visco is not available in nz and ignitors are incredibly expensive, thanks for any suggestions

You can buy torch lighters that have a 'lock' switch that can leave the flame on. Mine does anyway.

I'll be doing some video reviews for buylighters.com pretty soon. They have some good deals and free shipping in the US as well.

I'll be doing some video reviews for buylighters.com pretty soon. They have some good deals and free shipping in the US as well.

I guess I wouldn't pay the prices there, some of them are even more then good commercial kitchen torches.

One of the most widely used and durable is the orka kitchen torch. They run about $20.00 each.

I gave THESE out as Christmas presents to my fellow pyro friends. They are OK but at less then $3.00 shipped, I can accept a few DOA units.