APC Forum

Swede?

WSM

Hi,

Does anyone have contact with Swede?

I haven't heard from him in many months. If his interests have taken him elsewhere and he doesn't wish contact, I can respect that; but it's disconcerting not knowing. I hope he's okay. If you know, please let me know and I'll leave this subject alone. Thanks.

WSM B)

Hi,

Does anyone have contact with Swede?

I haven't heard from him in many months. If his interests have taken him elsewhere and he doesn't wish contact, I can respect that; but it's disconcerting not knowing. I hope he's okay. If you know, please let me know and I'll leave this subject alone. Thanks.

WSM B)

You want me to Email him?

Hmm yeah... I miss his stuff. Interesting and informative. Well wishes!

You want me to Email him?

Sure! Having not heard from him (and not knowing), I was just hoping nothing bad had happened to him. If all is well, good :) !

WSM B)

Take a look there --> http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=15243

Woelen quote-->

"Yes, Swede seems to have health issues (at least that is what I know from my last contact several weeks ago). He also is very busy with his work. Whatever is the situation at the moment, let's hope he will be back soon in good health with his invaluable input and knowledge.

Treating the anode with sandpaper is really a last resort action only to be applied when everything else fails. The MMO layer is very thin and very little abrasive action is needed to remove that layer completely. If this is done, then a very gentle abrasive action should be used (e.g. ultrafine CeO2 or SnO2 may be used, applied by gently rubbing with a wet piece of fabric which has some of the powder on it).

The other suggestions can be used, such as increasing the voltage. But only do that for a brief amount of time. High voltage may actually increase passivation and more and more voltage may be needed for operating the cell."

Sorry guys, it bounced back, undeliverable....<_<

Mum, would you be willing to drop him an email for us all?

Edited by dagabu

I was thinking the same thing as everyone else, as he just kind of disappeared. He's a very knowledgeable fellow and a great guy, who contributed a lot of excellent information here. Anyway, I hope he's doing well and look for ward to seeing him back here soon.

• 4 weeks later...
I called, emailed, sent a post letter to him, nothing. I emailed Mods, PM'd a few over at Passfire, no body is talking or has not heard from him in a long time. No suggestions have been made as what potentially may have happened either.

I emailed him at an address that isn't public anywhere I've seen, and no reply. :(

All we can do is wait, and let's all hope he's OK.