APC Forum

where do you do your pyro?

pyrochris732

This excludes where you store your finished product.

I want to know where you do all your prep work. This includes pressing, ramming, screening, mixing chems, pasting, spiking etc. This also assumes that you Ball mill outside at all times.

In the garage, it's very cold there at the moment. Got power in there for ball milling and enough space to work on my stainless steel desk I made. Usually making 1 device then fire it off as I am doing plenty of testing - loving my Firesmith 3lb rocket tools. Every rocket I made with them launches perfectly.

I've got a small shed out the back which is my dedicated firework place.

However, as much as I can I like to work outside. I tend to accumulate quite large quantities of live compositions during projects, and working outside of that potential death trap makes me more comfortable.

All-outside for me so far, a small wooden bench in an open area on my property. A nice shed/workshop is on the to-do list for next summer. Partly as a place to have a press out of the elements, partly to extend my working season a few weeks each end of the summer.

Two years ago I had my own small shop/lab in the masement. There was small dry box, work table, water supply and all I need. But at the moment I change my residence and I havent any place, where I can do my hobby. So, some devices I can do in my flat, but its not good and very dangerous to do your pyro in the place where you live. I believe that after some time I will get some place to equip small workshop.

All in the garage for me, I'll mix whistle and ballmill outside, and paste inside the house. I have a sink, and a good workbench in the garage, as well as a hugh tool chest (what do you call the big units with all the drawers?), full of tools my dad lets me use.

Now that I have my SOG though, most of the tools I need are at my belt.

I have worked in my detached garage, but looks like I am done with that. I will be holding off on the hobby until I get a good place to do things more safely and have the ability to do things bigger. Until then my workplace is club shoots. Heres to hoping mopyro gets a manufacturing license sometime in the next few years Edited by davis050594

assembling shells mixing comps and drying stars making salutes : in a dedicated end of the garage

rolling tubes small batches of pasting misc. inert work : in my room

chlorates: outside

• 2 weeks later...
i quite like my back porch, its ventilated and covered, the only danger is when i spill something like copper sulphate, i have to clean it up before my mum notices the stain =)

20 ft insulated cargo container (8.6H-9W) behind my shop.

Poured small flat footings w/cinder block on top & sat it on those.

Installed wiring, lights, work benches, shelves & fan intake - exhaust vents.

Got 1 free for the price of hauling it off a job site.

You cannot beat FREE. :D

Edit to add: To many things capable of making sparks in my shop.

Edited by oldguy

20 ft insulated cargo container (8.6H-9W) behind my shop.

Poured small flat footings w/cinder block on top & sat it on those.

Installed wiring, lights, work benches, shelves & fan intake - exhaust vents.

Got 1 free for the price of hauling it off a job site.

You cannot beat FREE. :D

Edit to add: To many things capable of making sparks in my shop.

I would love a container for just that purpose. They're not as cheap as I would like, but still a good deal considering what you get. Easily convertible into a walk in magazine, workshop included.