APC Forum

Wow, What a Nut

NightHawkInLight

Knowing it didn't explode takes all of the fun out of watching it. You can turn on the news and watch a plain old house burn.

Something doesn't seem quite right. If there was really any HMTD in there, it surely would have gone off.

Knowing it didn't explode takes all of the fun out of watching it. You can turn on the news and watch a plain old house burn.

Something doesn't seem quite right. If there was really any HMTD in there, it surely would have gone off.

I was a little bit enlightened by a comment or two on the video, though I know that's about a poor a source of information as you'll find. Anyway, one of the comments said he was a hoarder, with piles of leaning junk everywhere. That would make more sense for the reason to burn it, in that they removed all they could find, but who knows what might be piled under the newspapers everywhere. Rather than have the bomb squad remove every little piece of newspaper, or hire cleaners who would remove everything and possibly stumble upon explosives and injure themselves, they burned it. That makes their decision a little more logical to me if that's the case. Who really knows for sure.

I think they did it just because they could, as a demonstration of power and force and to crank up the fear level. If there was any danger of having to pay compensation they would have put in some effort, but once they got the ruling from the Governator they took advantage of it. It sounded like some small arms ammunition cracking off in the video, but nothing explosive.

It sucks to be his landlord.