APC Forum

@@@ 2 questions @@@

berry1

sorry if this didnt deserve a new thread but i didnt know where else to ask my questions

1st question is will us firework retailers ship to the uk

2nd question i realy like this effect and i would like to make some shells with this effect 2rolleyes.gif golden brocade crown with falling gold stars that hang in the sky for up to 20 seconds heres a vid of the effect

so basicaly i want to know what comps i need to create this effect

thanks for any help in advance blush.gif

thanks for the quick reply

so us retailers dont ship to the uk sadly but will places like sky lighter

thanks for the link to the other thread that type of star looks amazing as well but the one i wanted to make was a deeper gold and slowly twinkled check the vid link in my first post and youl see what i mean but thanks for the link any way

Skylighter stopped shipping anything (including non-haz) relatively recently IIRC.

You should be able to ship anything inert without any problems, anything with a hazard class is going to be a headache, doesn't mean to say it isn't possible though.

The good ol' days when Iowa pyro supply and skylighter would happily ship chems to the UK are long gone I'm afraid.

You should look into getting some lampblack and ferrotitanium, makes for lovely firedust - I don't have much experience with brocades though so I'll leave it at that.

i do apriceate your help optimus i will get some lampblack and ferrotitanium 2rolleyes.gif and il deffenatly try some of those star mixes off the link biggrin2.gif

hooohahaha i found the star formular i was looking for and i maight try it as a rocket insted of a shell i was browsing sky lighter and found this great article and strangely its exactly the same star formular and effect i wanted to make

heres the link to the build http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/glitter-rocket.asp

and heres the link to the vid

ownly thing i would like to do is make the stars hang longer in the sky any ideas on how to make the stars hang for longer ??? would making them bigger make them burn longer ?

and do yous think this project is a good starting point for me

.....would making them bigger make them burn longer ?

I would really hope the answer to that question is obvious.

The hang time of a formula is primarily determined by the formula itself. 3/8" or 3/4" stars will have similar hangtimes, but different burn times.