APC Forum

Fuse Covers

davis050594

Hey,

I was out in the garage today and thought to myself, "I really don't want to reload my rack every time I light a shell." It wouldn't be too bad this year, but once I start building more shells, I'll need to fill my racks up before showtime, rather than reloading every shell. So I was wondering what you guys use to cover your leader fuses. I made 2 little things by wrapping light kraft around a screwdriver then taping it closed, but it takes a little while. I was just wondering if you guys knew of anything else that may work.

Hey,

I was out in the garage today and thought to myself, "I really don't want to reload my rack every time I light a shell." It wouldn't be too bad this year, but once I start building more shells, I'll need to fill my racks up before showtime, rather than reloading every shell. So I was wondering what you guys use to cover your leader fuses. I made 2 little things by wrapping light kraft around a screwdriver then taping it closed, but it takes a little while. I was just wondering if you guys knew of anything else that may work.

How about the thousands of rubber caps that dagabu has for sale for salute inserts? Or what you could do is take a strip of plywood as wide and long as your rack, tape the ends of the leaders to the bottom of the wood, then set the board on top to cover the guns. When you go to fire the rack, lift the plywood off and it will conveniently lift the ends of the leaders out of the guns to make them accessible. Rip them off the board and fire. That even keeps the shells safe from embers falling into the guns.

Thank you NHIL!!

I have red cap plugs, 1.5" long by .25" ID that are perfect covers, $10.00 for a USPS Fits-it-ships small box shipped to the lower 48, $25.00 for a USPS Fits-it-ships medium box shipped to the lower 48 and $50.00 for a USPS Fits-it-ships large box shipped to the lower 48.

post-9798-129099029387_thumb.jpg