APC Forum

3 Channel Color Organ

Updup

I was talking to some of you guys in the chat about a package with electronics in it was comming... Well, heres what I made!

Tell me what you think!

I wonder if something like that is how the christmas light house was done?

Looks like a pretty fun wee project you got to do.

Here if you haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KJ92508

Thats a cool video! But this was done with a programed controller, vs a 3 channel spectrem analyzer.

If I want I can hook my color organ up to 120v lights like christmas lights [=

That would be pretty cool, yeah I just clicked into a few other YouTube vids of those. They're using a kit you can by from a store, here I was thinking the guy as some kind of mad genius programming it all labour intensively.. But not so much, lol.

Could you make yours into an annoying sound replicator by swapping the LEDs out for say piezo-buzzers? That'd drive people nuts.

That would be pretty cool, yeah I just clicked into a few other YouTube vids of those. They're using a kit you can by from a store, here I was thinking the guy as some kind of mad genius programming it all labour intensively.. But not so much, lol.

Could you make yours into an annoying sound replicator by swapping the LEDs out for say piezo-buzzers? That'd drive people nuts.

Yeah, you could do that... It would be crazy annoying though =P

I was talking to some of you guys in the chat about a package with electronics in it was comming... Well, heres what I made!

Tell me what you think!

Heh... I built one of those using band pass filters in ummm... '79 maybe? Screw base Christmas bulbs too. Sure was alot more complicated...LOL!

Heh... I built one of those using band pass filters in ummm... '79 maybe? Screw base Christmas bulbs too. Sure was alot more complicated...LOL!

This one uses band pass filters I think... If I want I could add more lights, or more ranges with another set of Op amps.