APC Forum

Exclusive offers on Facebook! Black Friday Sneak Peek!

persut

I like a good deal as much as the next guy, but I will never sign up for Facebook. Every time you turn around there's another privacy issue with them.....no thanks.

Not to mention publically labeling your self as a pyro In Australia,UK and US facebook cooperates with law enforcement usually under the premis of the government helping to prevent suicides by finding depressed people but I have no doubt that they have atleast considered using their unlimited access to facebook accounts to assist in catching people committing crimes (few years ago youtube was used massively for catching hoons on the roads)

Not to mention publically labeling your self as a pyro In Australia,UK and US facebook cooperates with law enforcement usually under the premis of the government helping to prevent suicides by finding depressed people but I have no doubt that they have atleast considered using their unlimited access to facebook accounts to assist in catching people committing crimes (few years ago youtube was used massively for catching hoons on the roads)

Yankee asks: "Whats a hoon?"

Urban Dictionary "To travel at speed in a confined area, or do burnouts on a public road in traffic... To show off in a dangerous manner, mostly with a vehicle or engine powered item..." Quote "Look at that bloody dangerous hoon!!" "Ya fufillintheblank hoon!!"

Well In Australia the meaning used to be someone who drivers their car recklessly and responsibly (even if still technically withing the law) someone who is generally a menace. just generally a young idiot that noone wants on the road. Though laws were brought in which essentially put you in jail fine you and crush your car but as usual the government have taken things to far and now if you are in your own home and are playing music to loud on a sound system inside your home, have a licence of some description and again a car of some description parked out side you may be convicted of hoon driving while inside your home with a car out the front which doesn't necessarily even start(though if your car cant start than you wont mind that much when it gets crushed) .

you may be convicted of hoon driving while inside your home

The more I hear about Australian laws, the more I want to disbelieve it. I must say, the international image of beer-drinking, Vegemite-eating, crocodile-wrestling he-men with contempt for authority doesn't align well with the reality of a bunch of pussies sitting meek and quiet while Great-Aunt Canberra lectures them about what video games they can play, what internet sites they can visit and how loud they can play their stereos. What next, will you let them bring back the triangles?

(Disclosure: my brother lives in Sydney. I send him banned video games on CDs marked "hymns")

(Disclosure: my brother lives in Sydney. I send him banned video games on CDs marked "hymns")

Bad Idea they probably listen to the hymns to make sure they don't contain any heresy