APC Forum

triple break 3 inch

fredhappy

Hello my fellow pyro's,

Here's a 3 inch triplet I've made and shot recently. I like stacking shells like this. I've done so before successfully with 2 inchers. This was my first attempt with 3 inch ball shells. Stacking works fine , and give a nice effect in my opinion.

Shells were nothing fancy, I just filled them with some streamer/brocade stars I had lying about. I boosted with 3 grams of hotflash. Next time: triple break 4 inch....

I hope you enjoy my shells.

post-10434-128973258737_thumb.jpg

Hello my fellow pyro's,

Here's a 3 inch triplet I've made and shot recently. I like stacking shells like this. I've done so before successfully with 2 inchers. This was my first attempt with 3 inch ball shells. Stacking works fine , and give a nice effect in my opinion.

Shells were nothing fancy, I just filled them with some streamer/brocade stars I had lying about. I boosted with 3 grams of hotflash. Next time: triple break 4 inch....

I hope you enjoy my shells.

Very nice! Why do you have a spacer in between each shell?

Very nice! Why do you have a spacer in between each shell?

I use spacers for ease of attaching the ballshells . You've got to connect three round spheres somehow , so the easiest way is to use some kind of spacers .

The other thing is my choice of fusing. You need some space between the shells so the timefuse doesn't brush/touches the mortar wall. Also, since I always boost with a nice amount of hotflash, you don't want the shell hemisperes in direct contact with eachother. Failing to do so could potentially damage the other shells when they break.

• 2 months later...
Very nice ! Well done!2rolleyes.gif