APC Forum

Practical Jokes

NightHawkInLight

I'm not sure if a thread has been created before regarding practical jokes, but I don't remember one so here goes. I'd like to hear all your ideas, especially if they've been successfully used. What got me thinking was a joke a friend sent me for use when next to an annoying neighbor on an airplane:

1. Take out your laptop.

2. Open your laptop very slowly.

3. Turn it on.

4. Make certain your neighbor is watching.

5. Open your internet browser.

6. Close your eyes for a few moments, open them and

then look up to the sky, or the heavens if you will.

7. Breathe deeply and open the site

(url="http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html)

8. Look at the expression on your neighbor's face.

Pretty funny, but I think you may get more of a reaction than you might expect, and probably some serious legal repercussions. Personally I think it would work just fine on solid ground.

Edited by NightHawkInLight

Haha that's hilarious, but if someone did that too me, there's no guarantee I wouldn't get up and take them too the ground.

My favorite was always putting dog shit in a brown paper bag, lighting it on someones doorstep and ringing the doorbell.

I like the damn song.

Ha, yeah I do too. Even so I don't think I'm going to start pushing my band towards middle eastern pop.

A joke I always used to pull was to wire camera capacitors to doorknobs and the like to give the victims a good jolt. I also once wired a camera flash to go off upon someone sitting on the seat of a portajohn at night. Both of those spawned from the discovery that I could get hundreds of used disposable cameras for free from my local CVS. A recent idea at an mpag shoot was to put a few of the big snaps (pop pops, snap clappers, etc.) under a toilet seat. That's one I may save for deer camp this year. I have some revenge to inflict for past actions.

Just a funny note about those snaps: I gave a handful to a buddy of mine who then put them in the cup holder of his Jeep. A few weeks later after forgetting all about them, a slightly too vigorous return of his coffee cup to the holder set them off and sent him swerving onto the rumble strips.

LOL!

A buddy did the Pop-Pops camping this fall and the girl that sat down got a couple pieces of sand that pierced her skin :( She was laughing a couple minutes after she chased us around with a hot dog fork.

Something I have never tryed, but have seem done, is at camp or somthing, drop a stone (Or anything else small and dense) down the vent pipe of the porta-potty your victim is using...*Splash!* You could also throw a firecracker down, just make sure they take jokes well =P

This is one thats good, but beware of a slight injury. You take a bright piece of string and string it across a hallway like a tripwire, but make it really obvious. Then spread lotion or something slippery just on the other side of the string. The person will walk up, see the string, think he noticed the joke, step over it and slip on the lotion.

A recent idea at an mpag shoot was to put a few of the big snaps (pop pops, snap clappers, etc.) under a toilet seat. That's one I may save for deer camp this year. I have some revenge to inflict for past actions.

If your using snaps for pranks, use the ones that look slightly pink or purplish. I'm not sure what kind of reaction is taking place, but the pink stained ones are hyper sensitive. Another variation on the snaps and toilet seat is to use ketchup packets instead. Cut a small hole in the corner and place them under the seat with the open end pointing at the persons legs. I've never done it, because it is just plain mean, but my imagination tells me it would be pretty funny.

Ha, yeah I do too. Even so I don't think I'm going to start pushing my band towards middle eastern pop.

Not to mention with such a hobby, I think we can only choose one or the other. Unless you fancy to be beaten up and treated like a terrorist if someone comes in while you're making some things since you have middle eastern lyrics all over your computer and music booming from the stereo. :P

I had a friend who made a mock 3" shell but with a real fuse. The plan was to light the fuse and throw it at his pyro buddy and see what happens.

Take out your eye and drop it into a friend's draft beer when he goes to use the bathroom. Gives new meaning to "I'll be right back. Keep an eye on my beer"

Oh wait; that's right. You bi-ocular schmucks can't do that. Too bad. It never gets old.

Edited by OneEyeCharlie

Take out your eye and drop it into a friend's draft beer when he goes to use the bathroom. Gives new meaning to "I'll be right back. Keep an eye on my beer"

Oh wait; that's right. You bi-ocular schmucks can't do that. Too bad. It never gets old.

So you really have one seeing eye?

I had a friend who made a mock 3" shell but with a real fuse. The plan was to light the fuse and throw it at his pyro buddy and see what happens.

Now that is funny. I might have to make a big ol fake can shell with some real visco tipped with a strike anywhere chlorate comp. Start showing it off to some friends, then "accidentally" brush the fuse past a brick and respond as if it were a freak accident. Drop the thing at their feet while retreating, crack open a beer and watch the show.

I would be laughing my posterior off watching him taking the deserved beating from his buddy. Don't do stuff like this - next time they see a lit shell they might assume it is a prank when it was a real freak accident.

Now if you want to mess with someone, claybird shooting is always fun for this. Take a shotshell and carefully pry it open, remove contents, put a little bit of black powder in the bottom, a perforated cardboard disk and fill the rest of the shotshell with some microstars or a big comet. Fold it closed again and slip in with some other reloaded shells.

If someone is not really carefull enough to notice the weight difference (novice shooter), they will aim for the claybird, pull the trigger and have a starmine coming out of their gun....... usually a great surprise for everyone involved and looks pretty during a darker afternoon. For daylight use, empty a bunch of crackling stars in there.

next time they see a lit shell they might assume it is a prank when it was a real freak accident.

I very much doubt that.

I would be laughing my posterior off watching him taking the deserved beating from his buddy. Don't do stuff like this - next time they see a lit shell they might assume it is a prank when it was a real freak accident.

Now if you want to mess with someone, claybird shooting is always fun for this. Take a shotshell and carefully pry it open, remove contents, put a little bit of black powder in the bottom, a perforated cardboard disk and fill the rest of the shotshell with some microstars or a big comet. Fold it closed again and slip in with some other reloaded shells.

If someone is not really carefull enough to notice the weight difference (novice shooter), they will aim for the claybird, pull the trigger and have a starmine coming out of their gun....... usually a great surprise for everyone involved and looks pretty during a darker afternoon. For daylight use, empty a bunch of crackling stars in there.

Or remove the shot and replace with feathers, when fired exclaim loudly that they blew the bird up!

another one for newbies on the skeet range, replace the shot with string that has a couple of split shot attached, when they shoot say they shot the liner out of the barrel

So you really have one seeing eye?

Affirmative. Another fun thing is to turn it so the pupil is in the outside corner, and then look the opposite way with the good eye. For some reason, people find it difficult talking to someone who's extremely walleyed. Go figure