APC Forum

2010 consumers stash pic thread

berry1

Gawd, I hate to jump in every thread but I have to interject. Don't reuse solid copper wire. When we run shooting wire from the modules to the e-matches or run scab, we never harvest it and reuse it. It is cheap, that's why we buy it.

I grabbed a whole ball of used wire this last summer to test and found that the resistance varied as the wire got stretched and crimped, it was not usable.

All the shooting wire i've seen on Skylighter, or Pyrodirect, is 22 AWG solid copper wire.

Don't reuse solid copper wire.

Okay.

Usually scab wire is a straight run and is usually in the best shape after a shoot.

Wait... what?

Mind clearing things up?

On a reel it is shooting wire, when wiring a front together and patching pieces in together, it is "scabbing" the wire together. Generally, the "trunk" wire is a multi wire telcom cable with a "D" end with more then 50 wires (25 pair) and that is connected to the controller box where the shooting wire is plugged into and then wire is added to the wire to make an entire front fire at the same time.

Usually scab wire is a straight run and is usually in the best shape after a shoot.

Of all the wire that is used, the sections of scab wire are usually still in pretty good shape after a shoot since there are usually no kinks in it.

yes i totaly no what you`s mean ive used it a few times but didnt know what the term (scrab wire) as i always called it fireing wire is it more of a us term? i normaly use quick match and other fuses if im fireing for my pleasure :rolleyes:: which i do quite often :blink: just wondering are any of yous fireing any thing for halloween? as im fireing a few weco things not shore if weco is used in the us thou ?

Edited by berry1

I'm not shooting anything, I'll be on the back of the motorcycle with dad..I love the Texas hill country.

Also, I don't think weco is used here...

motorcycling sounds just as fun 2rolleyes.gif

It is, I like motorcycling out to Big bend though... there we can motorcycle AND shoot fireworks...

motorcycling and shooting fireworks mmm!!! the best of both worlds what more can you ask for :rolleyes::blush: Edited by berry1

You people make me sick. Try buying a rocket on a stick here in NZ. Not on your life! Nanny state BS. 2sad.gif

But you live in one of the most beatiful countrys ever! Try finding those amazeing ocean-side cliffs here in the US.

But you live in one of the most beatiful countrys ever! Try finding those amazeing ocean-side cliffs here in the US.

Oh but Galveston is so beautiful...

dont foget guys any pics post them :rolleyes: but its no rush tomorow next month any time just make shore yous post them

I will post my stash through december, but here in boring Denmark we can't buy any fireworks before the 1 decmeber :(

Also we are only allowed to shoot it of from the 1 of december to the 5 January. Realy sad :( But hey!

A true pyro dosen't care about those rules, he just makes sure that the cops won't find out :)

no prob mate i like your attitude f*** the cops sorry no offence to any pyro cops on here but they inforce far to many rules for my liking any way just post when you get your stuff ive just finished my bonfire display about 2 hours ago and it was great we started at half 7 and finished at 12 yes all them hours i know it was a long one i had over 70 single ignitions, 60 black gemini rockets, and some big bore roman candles it costed over one thausond i spent much more today than i planned the brothers were one of the best sibs though as they were very impressive and had huge bursts the black gemini rockets had a massive report very sky filling as well unfortunalty my camera battery was flat so i couldnt get any full stash pics but ill take a pic for youse of the left over firework cases tomorow

You know, there is this magical thing called punctuation. I really hope English is your second language from how terrible your spelling is. I'm not here to be the grammar police, but you need to step it up. It's hard to take someone seriously who makes posts like you do.

• 1 month later...
come on guys/girls im waiting for those consumer pics shorely use must have some hard core pyro by now Edited by berry1

come on guys/girls im waiting for those consumer pics shorely use must have some hard core pyro by now

You'd probably get a better response over at UKFR, not many consumer enthusiasts here...

a few of the members her said they will be getting some pyro so i was just reminding them

but yes i am a member of ukfr but for some reason i havent been able to access the site for a few months and ive mailed the admin but he doesnt reply

come on guys/girls im waiting for those consumer pics shorely use must have some hard core pyro by now

I have this picture of the fireworks I got up in TN this summer, I've shot most of them except some bottle rockets firecrackers and the sonic boomers cake

post-9884-129201509604_thumb.jpg

Most of it was shot in this video, and the last cake was the TX rattle snake.

Here's some of the stash. I have more but didn't feel like taking pics of everything.

post-10423-129201708099_thumb.jpg

post-10423-129201708426_thumb.jpg

post-10423-129201708729_thumb.jpg

CREAM!!!

post-10423-129201717196_thumb.jpg

I'm about done taloning everything (pyrogen free igniters). I'll post a pic when finished. There's about 3 cakes that weren't butchered in some way.

post-10423-129201711574_thumb.jpg

Edited by davis050594