APC Forum

Tats

NightHawkInLight

Well, I've finally got around to doing some thinking about getting a tattoo, which I've wanted for a while but never did the legwork. I've done a rough drawing and sent it to a few tat artists to see what they think. Anyway, I was wondering who of you have had anything done.

Here's what I'm thinking about:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/NightHawkInLight/Tattoo011Small.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/NightHawkInLight/TatonArm.jpg

I of course want it professionally redone, but that's the idea. I also would like it in color. I'm pretty nervous to go to just anyone to have it done. I want a piece of art, not something that looks like graffiti on a railcar. I found a guy a little over an hour away that has some incredible work and some good recognition for it, but of course his fee is a reflection of his beautiful work. $150/hr with a 2hr minimum, and a pretty long waiting list. Still deciding if it's worth it. A tattoo isn't something I want to get at save a lot. Here's my favorite from him that I've seen so far: http://www.jaywheeler.com/index_026.htm

That doesn't look like graffiti on a rail road. Music and faith, sounds good to me. I have a friend who has a tattoo; a thorned cross with Jesus' face slightly overlapping. He considers himself a buddhist now blush.gif . The tattoo doesn't seem to bother him, though. If you would have asked me 10 years ago "what tattoo would you get right now," I'd say NOFX. I still love the band, but I'm not disappointed that I passed on the tattoo. I've thought about my momentary tattoo ideas over the years, and every time, a few years later, I think "I'm glad I didn't get that tattoo." Still, I believe there is a time and place for a person to get a tattoo, and only that individual knows when and what that is. Nice tattoo by the waywink2.gif Edited by Skycastlefish

Think about it... Your going to get old and crinkly..then its going to be ugly.

Hilarious discussion with my local barista last night, she has a tatt of her dad on her arm (she is covered from head to foot with tatts) and she was making fun of him by grabbing her arm and stretching the abdomen of her "dad" tatt wide to show how fat he was going to get!:lol:

Think about it... Your going to get old and crinkly..then its going to be ugly.

That's something a lot of people say. Who cares if my saggy arm has a saggy tatt in 40 years. I'm pretty sure I'll be out of the dating scene. Also, tattoos can be touched up to look good as new. That's the last of my concerns. My energy is better spent making sure I get just the one I want in the first place, if at all.

That's something a lot of people say. Who cares if my saggy arm has a saggy tatt in 40 years. I'm pretty sure I'll be out of the dating scene. Also, tattoos can be touched up to look good as new. That's the last of my concerns. My energy is better spent making sure I get just the one I want in the first place, if at all.

Sigh, that $300 could buy so many pretty chemicals

Its up to you, it was just a story from last night is all. No tatts for me.