APC Forum

chlorate cell ?'s

kiss

I know that this is not the place for posting this and that it is to be posted in the Agora section but for the past few days I can not seen to get a response. so I will put a copy here and we well see what happens.

Right now I only have FOUR (4) on hand but will reorder if I see they will sell.

Pb02 Anodes for Sale $55.00 + S/H

I can get these Pb02 anodes from a factorty in China

Well like I said, the cost is $55.00 USD plus shipping and handling. For international it is possible but one would have to remember custom.

The size of the anodes are 4 inches (101.6 mm) by 4 inches (101.6 mm) of mesh with a coating of about 5/32 of an inch, give or take but should fall within 1.5mm to 2 mm. They have a hanging strap about 2 inches(55 mm) long and 1/2 inch (12 mm) wide.

The ones I have on hand all look good, and I am preparing to test them for my own use. I want to make pre chlorate in one pass from chloride.

They should handle 7.5 volts @ 50 amps well for a few years with care. I think that the hanging strap would need a heatsink to help reduce the heat build up on the strap of the anode.

For high usage they should be good for 2 yrs.or better but I do not think most people would run them that hard.

Care must be given not to sratch the surface of course,drop, bang or even chip them would not help them very much

If there is interest I will sell. These are factory made as I said earlier and I would be willing to sell many as you would like to buy at a time between 1 to 20.

PM me for Shipping and Handling.

I can get as many as I like but this will be for a limited time only.....unless there prove to be a need to suppy them.

Edited by patsroom

The PbO2 anode arrived today (in just two days!) biggrin2.gif. Here's a photo of it on the plastic bag it came wrapped in:

post-9734-128907800549_thumb.jpg

It's fairly thick and heavy, has a medium fine crystaline surface which ought to have a lot of surface area for efficient electrochemical work. The crystals are very shiney and look more like the descriptions of beta form rather than alpha form lead dioxide. I can't wait to try it out but have to wait for the weather to clear up (I do most of my electrochemistry outdoors to avoid vapors and fumes indoors 2wacko.gif2ohmy.gif!).

This is exciting! I hope it works as well as we think it will2smile.gif.

WSMcool2.gif

• 7 months later...

I know that this is not the place for posting this and that it is to be posted in the Agora section but for the past few days I can not seen to get a response. so I will put a copy here and we well see what happens.

Right now I only have FOUR (4) on hand but will reorder if I see they will sell.

Pb02 Anodes for Sale $55.00 + S/H

I can get these Pb02 anodes from a factorty in China

Well like I said, the cost is $55.00 USD plus shipping and handling. For international it is possible but one would have to remember custom.

The size of the anodes are 4 inches (101.6 mm) by 4 inches (101.6 mm) of mesh with a coating of about 5/32 of an inch, give or take but should fall within 1.5mm to 2 mm. They have a hanging strap about 2 inches(55 mm) long and 1/2 inch (12 mm) wide.

The ones I have on hand all look good, and I am preparing to test them for my own use. I want to make pre chlorate in one pass from chloride.

They should handle 7.5 volts @ 50 amps well for a few years with care. I think that the hanging strap would need a heatsink to help reduce the heat build up on the strap of the anode.

For high usage they should be good for 2 yrs.or better but I do not think most people would run them that hard.

Care must be given not to sratch the surface of course,drop, bang or even chip them would not help them very much

If there is interest I will sell. These are factory made as I said earlier and I would be willing to sell many as you would like to buy at a time between 1 to 20.

PM me for Shipping and Handling.

I can get as many as I like but this will be for a limited time only.....unless there prove to be a need to suppy them.

Hi, do you have one to sell?.

Regards

Alberto

Hi, do you have one to sell?.

Regards

Alberto

Hi Alberto, and Welcome.

I would recommend sending a PM to patsroom and see what can be arranged. These electrodes are commercially made in China and heavily plated. Unfortunately they are fragile and can be chipped easily if mishandled. The concern is liquids in the active cell getting in between the LD and the titanium substrate causing further delamination and loss of conductivity in the electrode :o :(.

Hopefully patsroom has a handle on proper packing so no damage happens during shipping. Good luck.

WSM B)

Edited by WSM

Thanks WSM, I will send a PM to pats.

Regards

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

You're welcome. Please let us know how it goes. I don't know about others, but I haven't heard from patsroom for quite a while. I'm curious as to the current availability of the Chinese LD anodes he was offering.

Thanks.

WSM B)