APC Forum

Salute inserts?

Updup

Funny I'm asking this, since I don't have flash powder, or have any intention of making any, but for those of you who do make salute ring shells and such, would these work well?

http://www.cannonfuse.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=286&idcategory=4

Darn cheap, and easy... Anything else you guys can think of that these could be used for? I'm tempted to get 'em since they are just plain awesome!

Wow, I've never seen those for sale before. I can think of all sorts of uses. They would make great inserts as salutes, or even as go-getters. They could be packed full of Ti comp and be used as those snaking inserts you see every once in a while, the name is slipping my mind.

In any case, very cool. I want some.

Wow, I've never seen those for sale before. I can think of all sorts of uses. They would make great inserts as salutes, or even as go-getters. They could be packed full of Ti comp and be used as those snaking inserts you see every once in a while, the name is slipping my mind.

In any case, very cool. I want some.

My thoughts exactly! Mabye if you cut off the top you could use them as spolettes? If you put any kind of tail comp in them, you might be able to have them diveto the ground, and burn out right before they hit earth! That would be a cool effect!

Any other ideas guys?

Are you thinking of farfeli (I know, not how its spelled, spelling esacpes me) inserts?

Why not press some whistle on top of some crackle and load up a shell with them?

That sounds like something an artist would do.

Well, I am always a bit reserved to use plastic of any kind in my shells. I suppose it might be more convenient for one end to be pre-plugged. The ones in the image appear to have smooth flat sides with pointed tips so maybe they'll fly farther.

Does it really make any sense to cut off the sealed end when paper tubes are easily available? The paper is oddly more expensive. I think they'll probably be too small for some of the effects mentioned. Serpents and go-getters should hopefully work just fine. I think you're a little small for farfalle. You can't generate enough thrust in my experience.

Yeah, I was suggesting using them as spollettes because they are cheap unsure2.gif , but rolling your own tube would work just fine.

I just thought of a great idea! You could make saturn missiles out of them! tongue2.gif