APC Forum

Tasmanian pyro club

Pyropow3r

I want to start a private (stupid laws and regulations) pyrotechnics club in Tasmania if there is enough people down this way. so if you live in Tassie just say...... I ......and if there is enough of us we may eventually have a little get together and or shoot of.

If there is enough people before i give the go ahead we need to find a suitable location in Tassie (somewhere in the center) but a quick seach on google earth should fix that non to soon....

so if you are in Tassie let me know just say .....I.......

I want to start a private (stupid laws and regulations) pyrotechnics club in Tasmania if there is enough people down this way. so if you live in Tassie just say...... I ......and if there is enough of us we may eventually have a little get together and or shoot of.

If there is enough people before i give the go ahead we need to find a suitable location in Tassie (somewhere in the center) but a quick seach on google earth should fix that non to soon....

I

But you knew that already 2smile.gif

We could have a hell of a shoot up at the Great Lake, or maybe Lake Leake.

Fire over the water would look awsome!

Edited by ausgoty

Perhaps we should have an Australia/New Zealand one. Then there will be many more of us.

Big events where some of us commute across the ocean would be great, but in the mean time the "Tasmanian chapter" or the "North Island chapter" or the "SA chapter" could have their own little things.

Perhaps we should have an Australia/New Zealand one. Then there will be many more of us.

Big events where some of us commute across the ocean would be great, but in the mean time the "Tasmanian chapter" or the "North Island chapter" or the "SA chapter" could have their own little things.

Yes, a national club would be great. A little low on numbers for the Tasmanian chapter :)

I would definately travel to wherever for an annual Australian pyro convention.

Actually we should just all rock up to TBS's property and start shooting (only joking TBP)

as Seymour said us South Aussies arnt doing to baddly we have a large shoot coming up. not sure on the logistics I mean do they check your car when you put in on the ferry to go from taz to Melbourne ?

as Seymour said us South Aussies arnt doing to baddly we have a large shoot coming up. not sure on the logistics I mean do they check your car when you put in on the ferry to go from taz to Melbourne ?

Only for drugs.

I'm sure I could get a good amount of my "art" accross Bass Strait.

Yes, a national club would be great. A little low on numbers for the Tasmanian chapter 2smile.gif

I would definately travel to wherever for an annual Australian pyro convention.

Actually we should just all rock up to TBS's property and start shooting (only joking TBP)

Haha yea, that would be fun. I would be keen to have a pyro meet. It's just that we are soo spred out and all over the place its pretty hard.

We could find someone's place, the person that lives there could make pre orders of chemicals and such and maybe have some premade stuff and than not everyone would have to drive to that location wich would cost hundreds of dollars of fuel for a lot of us. The people who didn't drive and are on the other side of the country could just fly over.

I have not meet another pyro my entire time doing pyrotechnics, so it would be nice to have a pyro meet. It would have to last for at least a week :)

How many people are in Queensland? According to the poll on my forum "Where are you from?" there are 5 pyros who said they are in QLD and there are 10 who said they are in NSW.

Give me a ring so we can have a chat.

My number is in the yellow pages for Hobart under fireworks.

Regards Graeme

This is related to DIY amuter pyro how is a fireworks company going to help us. Far as i know they all do it by the book (laws and regulations) so please explain or elaborate if you wish we need a bit more info.........

One logical thing I've ever thought of would to become decent friends with a few people and buy land (say in northern SA or NT, somewhere really deserted)and have other people buy adjacent properties. You could organize to meet up there one time a year and it'll give plenty of land. That takes commitment though and money, so it would be something you would have to work out and organize over the years.

Just for the heads up, organizing these sorts of things probably could get you charged with conspiracy. Not that I think the law enforcement care too much about amateur fireworks, but catching a bunch of people might be worth it to them.

you could do it in the northern territory on territory day and know one would know the difference,have alook on youtube on cracker day everyones letting of something the whole city is a fireworks range coincide it with territory day.

You would have to make it look like a professional display if it were to work. There's definitely plenty of fireworks being set off but you can't buy the big shells, rockets, mines and salutes like many people would want to set off if they had a pyro shoot. Plus a range of different other items wouldn't fit under the radar and people would start asking questions as to how you purchased them. If you're cool with making cakes, fountains, wheels and small shells it would probably work.

lotta Aussie pyro tlk here

, wondering if anyone has looked at geolong fireworks here the training course link has gone, wondering if anyone has heard much bout it? if there still offered, more or less just doing my firt post so i can stalk around here nd view links.

meets would be nice, just easier to go with family build things for a few weeks then get the hell outta town a couple hours nd do a private show in the middle of nowhere.

• 4 months later...

I.

Travelling for work at the moment and very out of practice. All Tasmanians please PM me when you read this, we have much to discuss.

Cheers,

MM