APC Forum

6# with 10 inch FireFly header

firebird

Kinda new here sorry for the double post. I just thought this may be a better place for it.

Here is my latest 6# whistle rocket with a 10 inch header

Shell was my Fire Fly and weighted about 14#

It could have used a bit more delay and I should have added some tail.

I will be tossing up a 12 on a similar motor real soon . I have it built but have been working nights with little time to test

If you stop video right on launch you will see my van parked to the right of the rocket. Just to give you a idea on scale

Thanks Sidewinder

The next to go up is a 12 inch Soon Real Soon, then we will work toward the 16. I have a good test site for the bigger ones so that is not a issue. What is up with the rocket Comp can this rocket qualify? Or is this a old competition?

Thanks for the compliments

That shell was ready in Appleton but I never flew it. Dan T flew a few 10's there . In a way I am glad I didn't He has been at this much longer than me and did not need me biting at his heals. I have flown a 12 inch test with a tri cluster of these motors it went up like it was not even there. And man talk about a fire ball.

For some reason I have no shelf life with these motors.Week at best I think I need to dry the tubes out. I cato'd 3 of them at Appleton with no headers I kinda knew they were going to blow.

Firebird,

I won the competition with a... (wait for it) timed report. It worked great.

You would have destroyed me with that monster! :)

Holy crap! talk about go big or go home that was great.Nice work!!!

• 2 years later...