APC Forum

What color is the number three?

Skycastlefish

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you strongly associate colors with numbers?

About ten years ago, when I was in high school, I walked into our living room and my parents were watching some 2020 or dateline show. It was about people who associate colors with ideas like numbers. I looked at my parents and asked them "what color is the number three to you?" They looked at me like I was crazy. I preceded to tell them the colors I saw

1 is white

2 red

3 blue

4 yellow

5 green

6 dark red (almost a red in the shadows look)

7 crystal blue

etc... I had gone 16 years thinking that everybody did this. It turns out there is a name for this phenomenon -- Synesthesia. Nobody really knows how many people experience it. Some say 1 in 23, some say 1 in 22,000. I thought I'd make my own poll. I'm wondering if people with synesthesia are drawn to pyro (for obvious reasons.) Please, please be sure to vote if you don't visualize things in this way (and tell us how you do visulize, I'm very interested.) If the only people who vote are the ones who see colors then the info will be worthless. Thanks

SCF

Edit: Oh yea, people have colors too. Mumbles is a light purple over a deep black, Ralph is red and yellow. Cookieman is violet. Sidewinder is a mellow grey stone color with hints of blue. Same goes for letters and music as well as more abstract things that are difficult to explain.

Not colors but when I read what you wrote it was a little kid narrorating. I hear voices when I read. Also I have conversations with myself, I don't know why, its usaully when I'm driving.

Also I see letters with relationships more than anything R S and T, S and T are dating but T and R are secretly in love but S gets in the way. Q is a body gaurd, seperating A-P (the lower class) from R-Z the upper class.

Edited by mormanman

Not colors but when I read what you wrote it was a little kid narrorating. I hear voices when I read. Also I have conversations with myself, I don't know why, its usaully when I'm driving.

Also I see letters with relationships more than anything R S and T, S and T are dating but T and R are secretly in love but S gets in the way. Q is a body gaurd, seperating A-P (the lower class) from R-Z the upper class.

That seems quite unique! I have had some nice chats with myself before, generally when I'm tired.

• 2 weeks later...
I have only one such association, and it's a peculiar one: I associate the snout of certain dogs (long, off-white, short-haired snout with those little black dots) with the taste of cream. As in, if I see (or think about, which often works even better) this image, I get the taste of cream in my mouth. It works better if the rest of the dog is reddish brown. I remember having this even at a young age, and not thinking much of it.