APC Forum

Red / Green Hammers

aa92td

hey guys.

I would like to make Red or green hammers,

but i didn't find compesitions for that effect.

the chems for those colors i have are -

Green-

Barium Nitrate Ba(NO3)2

Barium sulfate BaSO4

and Barium carbonate BaCO3

Red-

Strontiun nitrate Sr(NO3)2

Metals-

Mg Al Zn

plz give me compesitions without perchlorate.

Thank you guys and sorry about my English

Could he possibly mean hummers? If then couldn't he just pack some fast burning star composition into a tube with a vent?

Crap - I didn't think of that.

Agwa, if you did mean hUmmers, I would suggest using a coloured rocket composition, and make sure you press, not ram the compositions.

There are a few great coloured rocket articles in the Skylighter newsletter archive - that would be a god place to start.

I don't think hummers would make any colors with a colored rocket comp. There would be like a little colored flame shooting from the side and thats it. It'd be spinning so fast it's probably just look like a star. It'd be easier and cheaper to attach a star to the hummer with just straight BP in there or something.

Mabye I'm thinking along the wrong lines here, but I've seen some really great 'ground bloom flower' devices in Austria which made a load humming sound, and they produced really vivid and bright green/red flames. I don't think they're a true hummer, but it's a similar effect.

I'm not sure how great they would look up high in the sky though - as Mumbles said they spin so fast they would just look like a normal star. I think the fun is in watching them bouncing around in the dirt like crazy : ) Wish we could buy them here : (

When i said hummers i mean the effect thats called hammer.

and i saw that effect in 'ground bloom flower' as uptimos said.

i search in skylighter but all the compesitions inclode "perchlorate"

and its impossible to get any "perchlorate" in my country :ph34r: , so i just want you guys to help me get that effect without perchlorate and with the chems i wrote.

thank you.

p.s i want to light them on the ground and not as air effect

• 2 weeks later...