Algenco

That never took Chemistry, what size in microns is this

d50=3.21um,ALUMINUM POWDER

Thanks

That never took Chemistry, what size in microns is this

d50=3.21um,ALUMINUM POWDER

Thanks

Hi Algenco,

It looks like it says 3.21 microns. If that's so, it's very fine and would make very short-tailed glitter (or very hot flash, not that we ever do such things) or could be used in AP rocket fuel, or used to speed up certain color star compositions. Do you have a lot of it or just a sample?

WSMcool2.gif

Hi Algenco,

It looks like it says 3.21 microns. If that's so, it's very fine and would make very short-tailed glitter (or very hot flash, not that we ever do such things) or could be used in AP rocket fuel, or used to speed up certain color star compositions. Do you have a lot of it or just a sample?

WSMcool2.gif

Thanks for the answer, I found it on Ebay, 20 lb for $160.

Doesn't look like something I need, I don't care much for loud noises

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190345763377&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Edited by Algenco

Thanks for the answer, I found it on Ebay, 20 lb for $160.

Doesn't look like something I need, I don't care much for loud noises

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Wow, I jumped the gun. If the listed aluminum is free of grease or diluents it would be great for flitter stars, niagra falls sticks, glitter stars or other types of such fireworks.

What kind of aluminum are you looking for (what are you hoping to make)?

WSMcool2.gif

Edited by WSM

What kind of aluminum are you looking for (what are you hoping to make)?

WSMcool2.gif

Something for star/comets/etc for glitter

Just looking for cheaper source

Something for star/comets/etc for glitter

Just looking for cheaper source

I'd be sure it's NOT paste, but dry aluminum powder. Paint suppliers use a greasy paste for mixing with carriers to make aluminum paint. The grease would have to be cleaned off first if you want it for use in pyrotechnics. I'd pass if it's not dry flitters (stearine [stearic acid] added is okay).

WSMcool2.gif

I'd be sure it's NOT paste, but dry aluminum powder. Paint suppliers use a greasy paste for mixing with carriers to make aluminum paint. The grease would have to be cleaned off first if you want it for use in pyrotechnics. I'd pass if it's not dry flitters (stearine [stearic acid] added is okay).

WSMcool2.gif

Thanks,

I have several grades, enough to do me for awhile, just looking 2rolleyes.gif

Eckart America isn't far from me, maybe I can find an employee that can around their minimums.

Thanks,

I have several grades, enough to do me for awhile, just looking 2rolleyes.gif

Eckart America isn't far from me, maybe I can find an employee that can around their minimums.

Good luck with that! It would be cool to have a variety of material shapes and sizes available in less than industrial quantities.

WSMcool2.gif

If your looking for some good Al for glitter and such, Underground gadgets has(or had) some nice spherical -325 mesh Al. I think I picked up 5lbs for like $20-30 bucks.