APC Forum

Your Collection?

Twotails

Is that anything like that killer Dihydrogen Monoxide stuff? Its really dangerous stuff, be careful!

It actually costs me more to completely fill my trucks gas tank than to buy a 50lb bag of KNO3.

Seriously, my third oldest son fell into a pool of it when he was six and almost died!! The stuff is incredibly dangerous.

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Please, for the love of God, look here: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

It may save your life!

D

P.S. My tongue really hurts being thrust so into my cheek ;)

Seriously, my third oldest son fell into a pool of it when he was six and almost died!! The stuff is incredibly dangerous.

My question is... who would have a "pool" of the stuff just lying around, especially with kids running about? Hmm... sounds like the po-po should be showing up after all...

My question is... who would have a "pool" of the stuff just lying around, especially with kids running about? Hmm... sounds like the po-po should be showing up after all...

Grant, its even a bigger problem then that, people purposely leave large containers of it out in the open, its found in beer and wine, the base components can burn very hot! I have even seen people pulling fish out of large vats of the stuff and eat them!

D

Yeah, I actually know a guy who "sprinkled" DMHO all across his entire yard.

shit dude, never heard of this stuff... I wonder if Al Queda could get ahold of it. How expensive is this stuff? I dont want any, but just to see how much it goes for.

Which has killed more people?

1)

http://blog.acton.org/uploads/joe-mosquito.jpg

or 2)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n-njTteDnPw/SYknALS-9AI/AAAAAAAAEZ4/8kBFQ7O7miw/s400/m80%20firecracker.jpg

Dihydrogen Monoxide is the breeding solution of choice for "1", the malarial mosquito, which has killed 10,500,000 people for every one killed by a salute. Yet another reason to outlaw this insidious solvent.

Damn!

I forgot about that!

Put it on their lawn!?! No freakin way! That could cause spores and other nasty organic growth. My stupid kid actually tried to smuggle a bottle of the stuff to school with her lunch yesterday, luckily I found it before she used it on some unsuspecting friend.

Yust say NO to DMHO!!

D

The unfortunate part about DHMO is that it the most common cause for fission reactor melt downs.. Remember Chernobyl? Yeahup, DHMO did it. A research team that was tasked with finding out exactly how much of this horrible nasty compound is polluting nature, it was proved to pollute 99% of the world's drinking sources.

Get the word to people! the world needs to know what the government won't tell them, DHMO is very dangerous and needs to be taken off the open market!

Edited by RUUUUUN

Not to mention it's the #1 greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. It is responsible for well over 90% of the heating of the earth.

Hey guys, just got back from the poison control center...I had my stomach pumped. I accidentally ingested some of this stuff. It may be odorless and almost tasteless but this stuff really hits you hard if you get some out of your system.

Be aware, underground companies are bottling it and smuggling it into our country. It reportedly comes from hot springs somewhere in Poland....

• 1 year later...

I have a very small 'collection' of chemicals, but i have somewhat:

KNO3 - 500g

KClO4 - 800g

Al 200 mesh - 500g

Al 5 micron - 400g

Charcoal - I dont really know

Titanium Sponge - 40g

Mg granules - 10g

(Visco?) 2mm - 17m

I don't have much charcoal, and sulfur - none.. :(

And some tubs - 100mm, 15mm ID 3mm wall, and some 50mm, 10mm ID with 2mm wall.

Small collection.. :-(

To me this thread seems like giving the bomb squad the information on how large their truck has to be when they come to confiscate my stuff.

Only because someone else dreged this old thread up..........

little of this

lot of that

some of the other

pinch of the gritty stuff

some more of something else

none of that bad stuff

think that about does it :)