APC Forum

Christmas Light Igniters

Updup

Thanks a mllion for this very nice tutorial!

This is the first time I have been able to get ematchs to work reliably( at least so far).

I'm using a cross between mill dust and green mix and I'm sticking the light with the light filled with slow mill dust and taped ( no fuse inserted) into my sticky match works awesome even with just a C battery. Has any one tried using indoor lights? I tried them first and only got two to light but when using out door light I hardly touch the battery and bang every time.

bob

• 8 months later...

You don't have to use 110 VAC do you? What voltage would light the filament?

A nine volt battery lights them up nicely, a D battery worked fine as well.

One question I have is how do you guys clean the female part of this set up? For me it seems to get too dirty after a couple of uses, and I found cleaning it quite difficult (note I am using black powder in the bulb).

bob

I've never actually reused them. The bulbs are so cheap that it's not worth the bother for me. Cut off the head, toss it in the trash, and reuse the wire.

Just to make sure we are thinking of the same thing the picture below is the part that gets dirty with the bp slag. More of the reason for reusing is to save having to resolder the wires each time.

bob

post-12936-0-01380600-1393540578_thumb.jpg

Edited by bob

• 5 years later...

New method.

I'm takeing the bulb out of the plastic housing, cracking it to the VERY base, putting the light back in, and putting a PVC wire insulator piece in place of the glass. I am then going to get a syringe and load it with BP slurry..and inject my matches [=

Made these this morning.

Fireing box 2 001.JPG

Fireing box 2 002.JPG

Fireing box 2 003.JPG

Also, here are some pictures of my 12 channel wireless relay system.

Fireing box 2 004.JPG

Fireing box 2 006.JPG

Fireing box 2 005.JPG

ENJOY!

Thank you very much