APC Forum

MPAG/Tri-States shoots

OneEyeCharlie

I didn't want to totally hijack the strobe thread, so I started this one

@NightHawk - What time do people start gathering there? You allergic to seafood? I might make a shrimp/crab/pasta dish to bring

@mumbles - Mentone looks like it's smack-dab in the middle of BFE!

I didn't want to totally hijack the strobe thread, so I started this one

@NightHawk - What time do people start gathering there? You allergic to seafood? I might make a shrimp/crab/pasta dish to bring

@mumbles - Mentone looks like it's smack-dab in the middle of BFE!

You know, I'm not sure what time people are going to be showing up. I don't believe any classes are going to be happening early, but there are going to be a great many fairly large class C displays getting set up for two competitions that night. I'll likely get there 10-11ish. There's no reason in particular for me to get there that early, but I like hanging out with everyone.

Here are some videos I took of the last shoot in July:

Seafood pasta sounds delicious!

It is. It's one more pyro shoot on the year for me. WPAG ends in September.

What do you mean it ends in September? Last shoot of the year or is WPAG dissolving? :blink:

I hope not. I meat that September is the last shoot of the year. We did have an accident last time, so all bets are off, though I think we're fine.

I hope not. I meat that September is the last shoot of the year. We did have an accident last time, so all bets are off, though I think we're fine.

Ah an accident...? I'm sorry to hear that. Might I ask what happened? Were safety measures neglected or just bad luck?

I think that was a fairly recent post in the "safety" section, about the guy ramming the rocket.

I'm actually (but only slightly) considering showing up for the Tri-state now...since I'll be done with school by then. Two weekends of shoots in a row, that would be somethin...

I might be talked out of the tri-state by a friend's b-day, amoung a plethora of other possible reasons. Plus if I wanted to actually bring any goods I'd have to arrange for licensed transportation.

Ah an accident...? I'm sorry to hear that. Might I ask what happened? Were safety measures neglected or just bad luck?

Admitted inattentiveness on the part of the rocket pounder, when he accidentally used a rammer from one tool set on the spindle from another set. There is educated speculation that the rammer was contaminated with a bit of whistle(?) mix from its last use.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "careless". The person hurt IS a safety-conscious individual but, in that moment of inattentiveness, he paid a price. Fortunately, it appears he won't lose any hand/finger functions. But that remains to be seen. I won't be able to make the September shoot, but Mumbles will be there and will likely have some followup info.

My post in the Safety section shows you what happened.

Admitted inattentiveness on the part of the rocket pounder, when he accidentally used a rammer from one tool set on the spindle from another set. There is educated speculation that the rammer was contaminated with a bit of whistle(?) mix from its last use.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "careless". The person hurt IS a safety-conscious individual but, in that moment of inattentiveness, he paid a price. Fortunately, it appears he won't lose any hand/finger functions. But that remains to be seen. I won't be able to make the September shoot, but Mumbles will be there and will likely have some followup info.

My post in the Safety section shows you what happened.

That is very unfortunate...I can see where that could easily happen at a mass build, where at home it would be very unlikely. What a shame...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for good news on his hand.