APC Forum

Various Questions

Mario1

Ok so I just bought some 1lb of Potassium Nitrate. It said it was +99% in powder forum. Is that good? Another question- How many grams are in a pound? Thanks!

p.s. I bought this from ebay. Actually I got it for free for using prize rebel but I wont advertise...

Edited by Mario1

Prize rebel?

Anyway, over 99% is plenty pure, and 454g to a pound, you really should have just googled that... It has an auto response...

Thanks! And Prize rebel is a site where you complete offers and get points. Then you can get stuff for free with the correct amount of points. In my case I got 1lb of KNO3 for 8.99 points. A days work and free chemicals. If you want to try heres the link- http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=338686

Anyway now i just need sulfur and I can make black powder. Yea!

Edited by Mario1

Thanks! And Prize rebel is a site where you complete offers and get points. Then you can get stuff for free with the correct amount of points. In my case I got 1lb of KNO3 for 8.99 points. A days work and free chemicals. If you want to try heres the link- http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=338686

Anyway now i just need sulfur and I can make black powder. Yea!

For sulfur you can just go to your local Home depot, or Lowes and get some garden sulfur it's usually within the 90% percent purity range the other 10% is just clay. It will work fine for blackpowder, when I was starting out thats what I used I got a 2 pound bag for 5$.

Please Be Safe!

Meh Ill just buy all of my stuff on ebay or amazon. Like a digi scale and dowles. Where can I buy paper tubes?

Meh Ill just buy all of my stuff on ebay or amazon. Like a digi scale and dowles. Where can I buy paper tubes?

Sometimes hobby shops, or arts and crafts stores will have paper tubes, or you could just buy them online at cannonfuse.com, or pyrodirect.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

If you don't want to buy them look in the tutorials section, there are some excellent tutorials on rolling tubes in there.....

If you're going to restrict your sources so narrowly, there is really very little we can do to help. Many reputable suppliers don't deal on amazon or ebay.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but this stuff ain't cheap... Most orders excess $100 and even the smallest often hit $50...

Since this is the Various Q's thread I thought I'd ask.

Whats a good SrCO3/Chlorate red? I'm thinking of ordering some Red Gum as well.