APC Forum

Rooto

Arthur

This time I have a horticultural interest! I need to be thoroughly rid of some persistent shrubby weeds. I don't know what they are! But they grow! They smother the whole garden (which is slightly smaller that the trunk of a US car!) Nothing retail seems to kill the plant! WHAT IS ROOTO? And what is the instruction on the pack for killing stumps please.

WHAT IS ROOTO? And what is the instruction on the pack for killing stumps please.

Rooto is 98% sulfiric acid , I wouldnt pour that on anything , I once made a thin line on my neighbor's lawn and later that day that line was dead.

For stump remover you are suposed to drill a few 1" holes around a foot deep in your stump and fill them w/ KNO3 then our boiling water on the holes.Then wait ~6 weeks and start a charcoal fire on top of the stump and it shoud burn up.

Rooto is a brand name, just like Chlorox, Arm & Hammer, or Band-Aid. I carefully selected those companies. They have the main product we think about when we hear the name (bleach, baking soda, adhesive strips), but they make a wide variety of other products too. The same is true with Rooto. While we may think of sulfuric acid first, they make a variety of other products too.

You'll have to be more specific Arthur in what you're looking for.

The root killer is simply copper sulfate pentahydrate, 99% pure. Nice blue crystals, which I have used frequently as a copper ion source. It is designed for roots in drain pipes, not gardens. It'd almost certainly kill all of your good plants, and possibly make the earth barren.