APC Forum

Clay Art Center

TheNitrateFellow

Hello,

I plan to buy 10 lbs of KNO3 at clayartcenter.net, but I would like to have a feedback of your experiences before.

-Is this site trustworthy?

-Do they package their products well?

-How is the customer service?

-How is the delivery time?

Also, the site tells me that the shipping charge will be $15.27 but:

1. It seems to low to be true

2. I didn't tell them where I live! I am in Canada, so should I expect a sudden rise in the shipping charge when I submit the order?

Edited by TheNitrateFellow

-Is this site trustworthy?.......................Yes

-Do they package their products well?....Yes

-How is the customer service?...............Excellent

-How is the delivery time?....................Reasonably prompt

In the past, I've ordered 50lbs of KNO3, carbonates for coloring, sulfates for strobes, CuO, and (great price) sodium silicate for fireproofing stingers and farfalles. Note to others...their "zinc" is actually zinc oxide.

They're a good supplier - larger qtys help with the shipping.

I will have to argue with the packaging quality. I've never had a broken package or anything like that. However, I don't know how durable a plastic bag twist-tied shut inside of a paper bag, which is stapled shut is. This might be fine for some harmless chemicals, but it was a little disconcerting when my red lead came this way. Especially after they stapled through the plastic bag.

Cheaper prices on KNO3, and fast-

www.seattlepotterysupply.com

Yeah I might just order from them, because they told me the true shipping charges (I sent them an email). Since I didn't tell Clayartcenter about my location, I suspect that the price will skyrocket when I checkout.

Edited by TheNitrateFellow

I've ordered 10lbs of KNO3 from them (clayartcenter.com) in the past. Shipping is indeed high, but to me it was worth it. I'd recommend them.

Although like Mumbles said, the packing is a joke.

Edited by _DB_

Cheaper prices on KNO3, and fast-

www.seattlepotterysupply.com

Yup. They have good stuff.

I've placed a couple of orders with Seattle Pottery - they are good people. But unlike the dozens of other online ceramics suppliers, they carry KNO3. How odd is that? What possible use is potassium nitrate in pottery? Maybe I'm missing something, but hell, if they sell it, I'm happy. No complaints!