APC Forum

Please FIX your email address! - REVISED

TheSidewinder

The following members have let their registered email addresses expire, lapse, or otherwise become unavailable, and they're causing email bounces for the board. I've disabled Topic Notifications for all of them. You may re-enable them by correcting your email address, then re-subscribing to the Topics. Thank you.

ukaviator

Canadian_pyro

RUUUUUN

cdma77

WonderBoy

And a reminder to ALL members: It is your responsibility to keep a valid email address on file with us.

We know how things go sometimes, so we're not going to outright ban people if this happens. But we'll suspend accounts as we need to, in order to keep server loads to a minimum and prevent repeated bounces.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• 1 month later...

A followup here:

hst45

healthypt

You both have email addresses that are bouncing back to us now.

hst, your server says that your mailbox has been inactive for too long and is closed until you login and "use" it, if I've interpreted the error message correctly.

healthypt, your mail server says your mailbox is no longer valid.

Because of the bounces, each of you has had your Post, PM, and Topic subscriptions turned off. Once you correct your address, you will have to resubscribe to notifications.

Thank you for your attention to the matter.

Another bounce today, so another followup.

scrappy

Your email account is bouncing with an error.

"Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account".

At least one user here has tried to get hold of you via PM, and the subsequent email to you from that, bounced. Please fix your email address. Thank you!

nick2354:

Your email is bouncing. Please, if possible, change it to something OTHER than a Hotmail or Gmail account. Hotmail and, to a lesser extent, Gmail are becoming a problem, and not only for APC. Their attempts to reduce spam are only pissing off their customers, and accomplish little else.

Your topic, post, and PM subscriptions have been removed. Once you change the email, you can resubscribe them.

Anyway, here is a cut and paste of the error message returned to our email server:

Connected to 65.55.92.168 but sender was rejected.

Remote host said: 550 DY-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy

reasons. The likely cause is a compromised or virus infected server/personal

computer. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet

Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit

http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support

Given that wording, you'd better scan your PC for viruses or malware.

Thank you.

Scrappy:

This is your second notice.

Please correct your email to something that's valid.

Yahoo is still claiming that the email address you're using is invalid. Same error: "Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account".

Thank you.

OK, it looks like someone lost access to their account (or registered email address box), and started another account:

smed112233 and smed9182

I'm getting email bounces from the older account (9182) that the mailbox is full.

Our rules prohibit multiple accounts. Please decide which account you want to keep, PM me your choice and a valid email for it, and I'll straighten it out.

This problem illustrates why we insist that you have a valid email on file with us, and failing to do so results in more work for us and more hassle for you.

Thank you for your cooperation.