APC Forum

"Why did my post count drop?"

TheSidewinder

In order to try and fix a problem with poll vote totals not adding up correctly, we ran the post recount tool. Your post count now reflects only messages actually in our SQL database. Deleted, pruned, or merged posts are no longer part of your total.

Just for everyone's FYI.

In order to try and fix a problem with poll vote totals not adding up correctly, we ran the post recount tool. Your post count now reflects only messages actually in our SQL database. Deleted, pruned, or merged posts are no longer part of your total.

Just for everyone's FYI.

Oh God..I QUIT~!

Careful what you wish for. If he quits, we shut ourselves out of a quality meat source. Though at the same time, I would probably lose 15 pounds just from not getting so hungry looking at the cooking thread.

Hmmm.... you DO have a point. I shouldn't bite the hand that feeds me (incredibly delicious meats).

Nevermind, Rich. :D

Hmmm.... you DO have a point. I shouldn't bite the hand that feeds me (incredibly delicious meats).

Nevermind, Rich. :D

LOL... OK. At one of the cooking sites I belong to they just lost about 6 month's worth recently. POOF. I lost alot of information and posts. Over 1000 I think, some of which were worthy, and really- I can't reproduce them. It made me jump ship due to the rather cavalier attitude admin took about the trouble. Basically gave a rant saying "Hey...it was mine to lose". He lost allright. All my posts on curing, sausage making, help to noobs... oh well. Look for me at www.smoked-meat.com now, iffin' ya need me in that capacity.

Ah, I see.

I should point out to everyone that NO posts were lost here.

When a post is deleted by you or an Admin/Mod, your post count doesn't get decremented until that rebuild tool is run, as it was on Tuesday.

Wow.... six MONTHS of posts were lost? I sure wouldn't take a cavalier attitude about THAT. Ow.