APC Forum

Rolling Stars

swervedriver

Yes, but what if it's dawn or dusk and one of the tire walls is making a shadow ? It could be hard to see if the stars have taken all the composition from the walls, especially when rolling black mixtures, like charcoal fires.

It would be extremely FOOLHARDY for you not to shield the motor. The fireball would easily reach back to the load of stars you had rolling in the tire, and I doubt you'd outrun the fireball. :(

Here's a video that was posted on Passfire yesterday. It's a pile of stars, thoroughly soaked with water. http://www.pyrobin.com/files/pile%20of%20stars.avi

If I were a mod, you'd be very close to losing your account for posting about how you compromised your safety for laziness . We've all worked very hard to keep this forum and it's members safe.

OK, I didnt think I would get that kind of response, and yeah I have seen that video. And you must be joking that I am lazy for safety, but then again my post did sound a bit like was didnt it, but I'm not. But thats the best thing about being part of a forum is that I get other peoples ideas, I dont think that if I were a MOD that I should be deleted or anything, deleting an account wont make that person safer, but more dangerours cause they might think that they are right and then they get deleted? Wouldnt make sense would it, I like to take in any advice I can get. I may consider to shield it becuase or this forum and the advice that was given to me.

Wait, isn't the motor brushless ? If it is, how it will ignite a composition, when there will be no sparks inside ?

If it isn't or you're insure, make a shield, it's not hard to do.

I also have a suggestion - because the tire is black, do you clearly see how the stars do, especially black colored ones ? You could install a LED lamp pointing to the bottom of the tire. It will light up your stars and you will easily see their rolling progress.

I do have a light on it now, beacuse I do roll my stars at night time for some reason, and yes the motor is brushless.

Edited by TrueBluePyro

• 1 month later...