APC Forum

Cool Garages

lostfido

How about a cool garage page?

I am sure most everyone here has a garage that they are proud of!!!

Lets post some pictures of our workshop/area for pyro.

I will have to ask SW for some advice as to posting images because I don't have a clue.

Cull

WEll I hope this can help: You need to upload the pics to either imageshack or photobucket, and then get the link of that picture(s) you uploaded and then paste it into a reply, you need to wrap the url, link, that you have just copied with the tags: [img*] url here [/img*] and take the stars * out!

Simple....ill take some 2moro ;)

JS: Or just use the full post editor, and click on "choose", select your image, "upload" and then find the image under "Manage Current Attachments". Why put stuff on photobucket or somewhere else that will eventually and inconveniently delete it.. just put it on the APC filehost. That's why TS and mumbles provided it (very kindly).

Maybe I'll post pictures of my workroom tommorow if I clean it up. It's still full of random shit from moving months ago. That, and I keep buying machines and squeezing them between stuff.

Edited by tentacles

Yes, we encourage people to put ALL linked media right here at APC. Pics, vids, you name it. Our host recently removed the limitation for space and bandwidth (though CPU and Resource restrictions apply), so we have ZERO worry about hosting your files here.

Consider this, too: If you can get to APC, and the file is hosted here, you WILL see it. No more "This image has been deleted by blah blah for violating blah blah" or crap like that.

Cully: Tentacles has it right. It's simple to attach a pic here.

And a further note. It wasn't Mumbles and me that provided this software. It was the users, through their generous donations to fund the software purchase. True, we both Admin the site. But out-of-pocket costs have been negligible this year.

Worked like a champ, Cully!

Wow, a clean garage. I haven;t had one of those since I moved in. ;)

Where the T-Cell (mini perchlorate factory) is under construction.

http://www.5bears.com/perc/shop01.jpg

I really do know where everything is! Every few days, I spend about an hour cleaning crap up and putting tools away. Then it gets messy again.

My actual chem storage (in another room) is decently neat... EDIT and I decided to remove the picture, sorry.

This is a small storage/work area that is climate controlled. The main shop area easily hits 120 degrees F in the summer. Just brutal. Sorry, no cool shells under construction; hopefully later.

Edited by Swede

Tons o' mortars AND a SS garage fridge! Pretty nice...

His wife probably relegated it there once she discovered how that pretty SS shows every single fingerprint and is a pain to wipe em off. My mom hates that about hers. She wipes it down like 3x a day.

One day I'll put up a pic of my workroom - it's a huge mess still.

Edited by tentacles

Tentacles, my shop is worse than your's. I got junk all over the place mainly b/c my uncle never cleaned it and I don't want to throw away his shit and I also try to run a foundry type place in my backyard.

Lostfido, your garage is where i want to go when I die. How much did all that cost, if you dont mind sharing.

I dont have a garage, my bedroom is my factory.

p.s. Does anyone know a good source of end plugs? I don't think my neighbor will machine 50 plugs for me so I might have to buy them online or something, any ideas?

Lostfido, your garage is where i want to go when I die. How much did all that cost, if you dont mind sharing.

I dont have a garage, my bedroom is my factory.

p.s. Does anyone know a good source of end plugs? I don't think my neighbor will machine 50 plugs for me so I might have to buy them online or something, any ideas?

I was wondering how he got his magazine approved? ;{)

Fred... what size plugs? I use a hole saw to cut mine, but I only go to 3" as of now. Get a good drill motor and the correct size hole saw. Grab a 3/4" piece of wood and using the pilot bit, drill out a hole. Now, REMOVE the pilot bit and place the drilled board above a "2 by" hunk of lumber. Use the existing hole to get the cut started in the "2 by", resulting in a plug WITHOUT the pilot hole in it :{)

One day I'll put up a pic of my workroom - it's a huge mess still.

I can vouch for that...and what do you mean by still? Has it EVER been any other way? :P

Lostfido, your garage is where i want to go when I die. How much did all that cost, if you don't mind sharing.

I don't have a garage, my bedroom is my factory.

p.s. Does anyone know a good source of end plugs? I don't think my neighbor will machine 50 plugs for me so I might have to buy them on line or something, any ideas?

My "Mens Crisis Center" cost about 20,000 for the structure and mechanicals.

I have about another 20,000 in toys that make it comfortable when friends stop by.

Here is a link to where I bought the plugs for all of the guns I made. (950 total, 400 for myself)

http://www.midwestwoodspecialties.com/fireworks_plugs.html

As far as the magazine? I didn't think you could see the Hustler in the corner!!

This was right after picking up my orders from Big Dog and Victory, its now at the lake in my storage building.

Fido