APC Forum

man arrested in Ft Myers.

flamingape

I actually kind of like the taste of dextrin. It's partially how I tell when it's done. It gets a slightly sweet taste when it's done for me. Different texture too.

Hmm isn't it a starch conversion reaction- kinda like a mash thing? Makes sense it'd be "sweeter" then.

I actually kind of like the taste of dextrin.  It's partially how I tell when it's done.  It gets a slightly sweet taste when it's done for me.  Different texture too.

I never ever taste anything I make :)

I remember in highschool kids would taste the solutions to find out what they were (what is solution X), I forgot to ask what dilute lead nitrate tasted like :lol:

I never ever taste anything I make :)

You must suck at cooking. Or...be blessed with an intuitive sense heretofore unheard of ;{)

I think I makes my mouth stick together.

Sounds like you're trying to eat too much then. Mine if more a pinky dip, probably not dissimilar to testing cocaine quality sans sniff.

I do something similar to that but I use my index finger.

I think tasting cocaine is just in the movies, could be wrong though. But if you are depending on that numbing feeling, cutting agents could produce false positives too then. Lidocaine for one comes to mind, etc..

Well, I can't say I've never tasted cocaine, but yeah, should I ever start doing cocaine(which I don't plan to), taste would not be the best test. I think they just taste for sweetness which would be a sugar cut. It was more intended to be somewhat of a joke.