APC Forum

Florida Pyro's?

colniko

I have seen reference to FPAG but can't find any other information pertaining to this Florida Pyro group. Anyone have any contact info for them? Also, are there any other Florida pyro groups or individual pyro's in Florida? I would definitely like to get involved and learn more.

• 4 weeks later...
The FPAG is rather secretive. Your best bet is to post on Passfire (if you're a member) or rec.pyro for a contact e-mail. It should be stated that there is a strict no one under 18 or 21 policy. I don't remember which, but I am leaning toward 18.

Panhandle? Damn, that's a ways off. I am in SoFla.

I will have to sign up on passfire. Been meaning too. I got the guest account but have yet to upgrade.

Thanks for the response and info.

all im saying is that its on the 18th this month... use google, say you were" in the area" and saw fireworks...

good luck sir...good luck :)

Edited by flamingape

I am in hudson. To get into the FPAG you either have to be invited or know someone who can get you in. If you are a PGI member you can get into the florida fall fireworks festival.

• 1 year later...
yea im outa palm beach, fl if u find em send me an invite lol. I looked on a site for links and florida was the only one missing i didn't think we had a group.

Hmm seems like i need to travle for every pyro group i find, Anyone know of any in or near massachussets?

Sky lighter has a list of all regional clubs. I believe this is all of them or at least the non secret ones i guess. It has floridas listed which is considered to be secretive... no contact info though. I assume its because of florida's strict and harsh laws against this hobby... not to mention florida is or was considered a terrorist hot spot after 9/11. If your state laws are stricter or as strict as the ones in florida it would be possible that there is a pyro group there that is so secretive not even skylighter knows about it lol. I share your pain though... Im sitting on some chems and i don't have anyone who shares my interest in this hobby. It would be cool to sit at a table with some guys and bs while making a few shells and mixing star comps and such. Too bad we aren't in the same state or even county. I would say lets have a shoot or something but MA is about a 24 hour drive from my place. With that said if anybody is local PM me. Newbie or expert, I wouldnt mind sharing what i know or learning something new.

http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/help/f...g_resources.asp

I know a couple of guys from MA that all drive up to the New Hampshire Pyro shoots. Some drive to the Crackerjack shoots, but those are pretty expensive, IMO.

I think the florida group just stays so secretive to keep the morons out. If you get in, they really are a top notch group. There is an interview and all sorts of fun stuff. You can't just join out of the blue, you need to be refered or recomended or something like that too.

Ahh, I just assumed it was one of those out of site out of mind things with florida's group. If thats the case i would want to keep working on my own stuff for a while so i may have something to offer. Either way, it would still be cool if there were more people into this hobby.