APC Forum

4th of July inv...

jointluver

If I can find some cheap excalliber shells before the 4th I will probaly make some mine with them. I like taking them and loading the shell contents into a toilet paper tube and making into some killer mines.

If I can find some cheap excalliber shells before the 4th I will probaly make some mine with them.  I like taking them and loading the shell contents into a toilet paper tube and making into some killer mines.

BLASPHEMY

:D

there's a few pyro boards i am on where the mere mention of taking apart the "all mighty" excalibur shell would have a majority of the members curled up in the fetal position under thier desk rocking back an forth crying...

there are some good stars in thoes shells, they'd make killer mines i'm sure.

some of the first 3 inch shells i made were actually some black mamba shells i took apart and re-combined into a larger shell.

3 of them fit perfectly in a 3 inch shell but they are a BITCH to take apart.

if you have any vid of an excal mine i'd love to see it.

that's nice, i cant make anymore fireworks because of lack of ingrediants. so this year im buying them pre-made. I hope you all have a fun 4th of July, 1st of July, and 14th of July lol. :D :P

lol. Yah those excalis are probably the best canisters ive seen to date. They shoot higher than anything ive seen, well maybe soem of those fake 3" might get up there. The do have good breaks, the stars are excellent but they could use some slower comps, they couldnt really use bigger stars cause they are pretty big the way they are. They have a crazy thick prime too.

Yah but I never video'd any of them mines, but when I get some of the shells I will take some pics and make a little tutorial. Then get some videos of them. All I can say is that you shouldnt try shooting them from paper, I dont think is would hold up. My uncle to me I could do a few more things and I light one off at the end of his driveway and it was later described as blowing the windows out of his house. It also scared him so much that it ended my shooting for that night, which pissed me off, here we are with shells to shoot still and we are putting up at 11 something.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got back from shopping the big stands in Washington State USA. This is 1.4g heaven! the only thing you can't buy is stick rockets or firecrackers. Some examples. 6 shot re-loadable kits for $4.99, 12 shot kits for $14.99, Big 12 shot double break kits for $39.99 and on and on.... Roman candles, hummers of all descriptions and a vast selection of multi shot boxes. All the big name brands. Black Cat, Brothers, TNT, Phantom. etc.... And the list is endless. I stock up for a couple of years worth for $200.00.

I got 6 shot aerials for $1.50 a box....:P you got ripped if you bought them.

Heh. I wouldn't mind paying $1.50 for (6) 1-3/4" shells... Festival balls are normally decent for their price... Quite funny that large pyro supplies ask for like $100 a 6" shell... (not sure on actual price, but it is ridiculous).

If I could find a nice source for "bulk" 1.4C shells, I'd be happy to make 30 or so e-matches and buy 30 HDPE mortars\rack and set-up a nice Retail display.

For the first year i don't think i'll be doing my own show, :( . I'm sure i'll still pick something up at a local stand but i'll be helping do a show for my licensed neighbors! somewhere around a 600 dollar show this year!

I have a couple pounds of assorted oxidizers, fuels, and coloring agents, but my recent order of aluminum powder seems corrupt so i need to figure that out.

Happy Fourth everyone!

Three 6" four 4" and nine 3" ball shells ranging from TT, Red, glitter, blue, dragon eggs and combinations. Should be a fun year :)

Sounds awesome jap, make sure to get video! I cant remember the exact numbers but I think I have three 4" shells, and like five or six 3" shells. I'm finishing up a 4" farfalle today so that will be four 4"ers. And I have 3 little starmines and 2 small shells, need to make one more small shell to finish the multishot thingy I'm making. And if I have time, I will make a ghost mine.

I was planning to do a farfalle but never got to it....

Those inexpensive 1-3/4" shells, purchased cheaply, would make great insert shells and save a lot of work on a large homemade shell. Anyone done that?

I'm planning on putting them 1" (7/8") shell and putting them in a 4" should be pretty cool.

Luckily this year ATJ's girlfriend will be filming for me and I think she'll do a good job too. All I can do is pray that it won't be windy out where I shoot. I thought about doing a shell of shells with a 6" but unfortunately I ran out of time, but it is a great idea to use the commercial ones and save on time.

If using ball shells, I don't think anything smaller than an 8" shell will give enough space for the burst to get a good spread using the class C shells. With the 1" shells, you could probably get away with 6"

If using ball shells, I don't think anything smaller than an 8" shell will give enough space for the burst to get a good spread using the class C shells.  With the 1" shells, you could probably get away with 6"

I got a little ambitious with the fourth being tomorrow and bought 3 boxes of TNT brand shells. They are 3x better than the festival ball shells IMO and the added tail will (if everything works correctly) add a nice effect. I got 15 of them into a 6" shell and 12 crackle balls worth of dragons eggs. It was a bit tight closing it though. :P

Thanks for the idea Swede. ;)