APC Forum

Thunder Over Louisville '08

cplmac

Just reminding everyone that the best display this side of either ocean is going next Saturday, they moved it up a week from last year. One of the largest air shows in the country starts off the festivities and it's an amazing show that every pyro should see at least once in their life. Hope to see some of you out there, I'll be on the Indiana side with the Louisville skyline as a backdrop. Any APC members coming out to the show drop me a line maybe we can grab a beer at Hooters while I'm there!

I might go next year with my aunt. Who ever is going next year? I'll probably be there. Sorry C.

I thought that that was traditionally shot the weekend before the Kentucky Derby, which is , of course, the first Saturday in May.

Sorry I can't make it; I loose on the triple

1) fireworks

2) horseracing

3) Hooters

On an aside, my son in law and I have a running tally on who's been to the most Hooters in what cities; I'm currently leading with 13 to my son in laws 12. To those outside the States, Hooters is, well, heaven.

http://www.hooters.com/

Thunder is traditionally two weeks before the Derby, I'm not sure why it's so early this year. I've never counted the cities whose Hooters I've indulged in, but it's probably right up there with you and your son in law. Best wings on earth and easily the best wait staff.

Depending on what kind of work/school schedule arises, I may try to make my way down assuming I can find someone to join me. Kind of a long drive to make alone.

Mumbles if you want to stop by my place you can hitch a ride with me and my group, give me a call.

would have liked to go, may still, but the person i was catching a ride with turned out to be a massive douchebag. so i'm trying to talk a few friends into going.

i've always wanted to hit this show up, unfortunatley this year my car is acting up, and i won't have it road trip worthy till the end of the month.

:angry:

where's a good place to watch?

and if anyone is driving through toledo and wants some company i'm a expert road tripper. lots of music and stories, not to mention gas money.

:D

I'll check with my grad student tomorrow and give you a call tomorrow evening CPL. It sounds like quite a time. Would I have to find a hotel room or something, or is there tent/floor space available?

where's a good place to watch?

The best place to watch is from the Indiana side of the river with Louisville skyline as the backdrop. Jeffersonville is the town there, and it's like a carnival over there. Mumbles we usually just camp out the night before over at ATF in Kentucky, we go to his product demo the night before crash out in the driveway, hit the show in the morning, head back to Mike's and pick up the product then hit the road back home late Sunday morning. This year I'm not sure exactly how it's going to shake out but that has been the M.O. for the last three or four years.

I'm not sure yet, we might be leaving Thursday night or early Friday morning. I might be driving down myself I'm just not sure yet. We've got a group getting together down there and a group heading down at different times. I should know for sure in the next day or so. I'll give you a call when I've got it locked on.