APC Forum

Word of caution for new pyros

they call me 9 fingers

Well as new pyros It is easy for us to rationalize and take short cuts, especially when we have a hard time finding proper equipment/financing our new obsession. I recently took one of those short cuts that could have ended badly. I decided to make coffee grinder BP. Its ok if you utilize the proper safety precautions(i.e remote control from a long ways a way) But i decided to take some short cuts and just hold the coffee grinder as I made about 50g of BP. Thankfully nothing happened but it could have. I just pulled my grinder apart tonight and every surface on the moter and brushes was coated with BP and charcoal It scares me to think how easily it would have been to ignite. So noobs when some one says it isn't safe to do something please listen. It is for your own good.

post-7-1204423679_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the heads up 9 fingers, I'll bet anything the inside of my grinder looks just like that, maybe I'll just chuck it out, it's in quite bad shape anyway and I almost never use it, either that or clean it.

Yikes. That is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about in the 'accidents and injuries" thread. I know I posted that I have seen airfloat charcoal light up inside the body of a coffee grinder like that one. Obviously if charcoal can flare up, BP *could* also.

Honestly, you are lucky. Most of the time we are.

Be careful, we don't want to have to change your name to "they call me one eye" or "they call me orange peel face" !

Be careful, we don't want to have to change your name to "they call me one eye"....

Oh no no no, I've got dibs on that title. There's not enough room in this here town for two one-eyes

B) <-- wonder if you could modify this rascal so he has a patch rather than sunglasses?

How do you add more than one picture to a post?

Well, I *WAS* going to say that the answer can be found in the nifty FAQ we recently posted here. Then I looked and realized we haven't made that entry yet. Oops. ;) But the FAQ does contain guidelines about pic size and relevance, so everyone should take a read, mmmm?

Anyway, to attach more than one pic they have to be hosted somewhere besides here.

In your message, put the cursor where you want the TOP of the pic to start.

Press the IMG button above the edit window. Make sure scripted popups are enabled. A box pops up, put the full URL of the picture in it and press enter/ok.

Reposition the cursor where you want the top of the next picture to start and press the IMG button again. Rinse and repeat. ;)

M