APC Forum

Shipping Regulations

Mumbles

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into hazardous material shipping regulations in other countries, or perhaps within the European Union? I have found a few source, but they are mostly for tankers full of ANFO or liquid ammonia, and not really on the small order side of things.

Even the names of the appropriate documents would be helpful.

I am working on finishing up the Sale/Trade section, and wanted to have a handy access to some of the pertinent shipping regulations.

Well for France, it is quite simple: Just not allowed to ship any chemicals via post... But, they don't check, me and my chemistry friend, we regularely send each other chemistry products.

Maybe I could find a document for you in French and translate. If I do you will get it by PM.

I was led to believe that most countries had some sort of hazardous shipping regulations that allowed for consumer products, such as the US with ORM-D exemptions. ORM-D is Otherwise Regulated Materials, domestic. Maybe ORM-I is something to look for.

Regardless, the regulations might be in place for somewhat hazardous consumer products. Alcohol, cologne, spray paint, bleach, etc.

A fun fact for our canadian members. Apparantly UPS offers ORM-D shipping to canada.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources...round_ormd.html

Mumbles, I just called for some more info about UPS ORM-D service to Canada and apparantly they give you a number for a local office to call and answer a "Canada ORM-D checklist" your then put on a list and can ship ORM-D packages up there.

So if your in Canada and want to buy Chems from me, I should be able to ship them shortly. :D

too bad the ORM-D does not work from canada to the usa, I had an order of iodine from a canadian vendor get taken by the department of homeland security. I also had a visit from them as they wanted to know what the iodine was for, apperenty iodine is used in meth.

Mumbles, I just called for some more info about UPS ORM-D service to Canada and apparantly they give you a number for a local office to call and answer a "Canada ORM-D checklist" your then put on a list and can ship ORM-D packages up there.

So if your in Canada and want to buy Chems from me, I should be able to ship them shortly. :D

That's really good news!! Alothough Canada customs may be the next hassle (for the receiver anyway)