APC Forum

canadian members?

import_racer1

Hey guys whats up? I am not really sure where to put this post, so I thought this would be as good of a place as any. I am looking to talk to some members of this forum that are residing in canada. I am just curious to where you guys are ordering your chems and supplies. I was able to get a few things here and there, but would like to broaden my supplies a little, and every company is refusing my order, let me know where you guys are buying from, send me a pm, it's' best to get in contact with me. Thanks a lot guys.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd dig this thread out of it's grave. I'm in Canada. Just found a hydro shop that would order in KNO3 for me. I have supplies I brought from the states when I moved here and I'm working on a perchlorate anode.

I just found some of that BC Technaflora PH down the other day at the hardware store (that oddly enough sells hydro supplies). Turns out it's only 10% HNO3, and at $10/L that's not a very good deal. I confirmed the SG with a graduated cylinder as 1.060 (10%) and the MSDS has been updated to confirm, nitric acid 5-10%.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, i live on Vancouver island, so i can take a 30 min ferry into Port Angeles, Whereabouts in Canada you guys

<_< Just getting started, I am all so interested in any sources of basic chems for getting started, chems are going to get even tighter here in canada, in march 2009, the gov't is going to put 8 chems precusers to "bomb" making on the restricted list, supplier are going to have to be registered and end users are going to have to prove use. http://www.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/com/elements/...precurs-eng.php

looking to stock up what i can before mar 2009 or my new found hobby will never fire.

will be attending the display fireworks course in Oct in Calgary,Ab, the path to becoming legal here in Canada. The price is cheap $100, gives you your Apprentice class. http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/mms/explosif/edu/edu_displayB_e.htm

All I have to say is, it's just another salvo in the war on freedom and democracy... I just pulled the trigger on some KNO3 a while back, so I've got enough of that for a while now. KClO3/4 is simple enough with electrolysis and the right anode materials. Ok, maybe not SIMPLE, but do-able. There's always plaster of paris ;P

More than likely you will still be able to pick up a bag of KNO3 from a farm store / greenhouse supply / hydro shop because that is still a legitimate use. You already can't buy chlorate and perchlorate up here, so there's essentially no change there, and nitric acid is quite expensive and restrictive to buy anyways.

I don't see how they can expect this to work since all you do is sign a form saying you'll use it in some way or other. Hence, all it does is stop the "good" guys.

Getting "legal" in Canada has a totally different meaning than in the states, since there's no provision for the home manufacture/storage of explosive materials in Canada. Even the class B shells I've seen at displays are limited at best, compared to the stuff you see in the states, and especially in the shows at PGI.

Edited by tentacles

oh shit.

their restricting kno3. off to the local hydroponics shop. its amazing their willing to sell a 15 year old 50 pounds of kno3 LOL.

EDIT: How are they planning on restricting hydrogen peroxide? -.-

Edited by PyroMedia

EDIT: How are they planning on restricting hydrogen peroxide? -.-

The hydrogen peroxide they are likely restricting is not the drug store 3% or whatever, but the concentrated chemical/industrial stuff.

And in all likelihood, you'll still be able to buy the 35% stuff at the hydro shop. It's a legitimate use, or at least it's used in hydro legitimately (opinions on efficacy may vary). You may just have to sign off a form, but more than likely the restrictions will be on handling, shipping, etc of larger quantities.

Otherwise, wait til you're 18, drive to the states and pick some up and bring it back. It's just fertilizer for your dad's lawn, right?

Edited by tentacles

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anybody know some good places for kno3 and alluminum powder in vancouver?

KNO3: There were a few hydroponics shops near Vancouver that stocked it when I called to inquire a few years ago. One of them was 'Solar Greenhouse & Garden Supply' in Burnaby, which had 5lb containers for $17.95, and another was 'Progressive Growth Greenhouse & Garden Supply', which had 25kg bags for $49.95. I have no idea if either still carry it, as this was in 2008, almost a year prior to the revisions to the Canadian Explosives Act that made KNO3 a restricted material.

Aluminum Powder: Depends on the grade you're looking for. There's plenty of dark flake Al on eBay, listed by sellers who are more than willing to ship to Canada. I ordered a couple pounds of 600 mesh bright flake recently, and I've seen glitter as well. AFAIK, there are no suppliers who actually reside in Canada. You could try contacting Mark from CCD co. (The last known pyro supplier in Canada), but his website has been down for 2 years, and I haven't received replies to any of my recent emails to him.

As for other chemicals up here, you can find nearly anything you desire up here if you look hard enough. The restrictions imposed in March 2009 have put a significant burden on OTC sources, but supplies can still be obtained. Many people claim that KClO4 is impossible to find in Canada. I wouldn't have a kilogram sitting in storage if that were the case.