APC Forum

Chloroform

mormanman

Looked (not real hard) for a topic on this and I know its illegal and stuff. I just think its some crazy stuff and maybe it would be interesting to see if the are any other sleeping agents that are legal.

You mean chloroform....

Why the hell would you want it?

It's toxic, illegal, an environmental hazard, and I believe cancer causing...

Diethyl Ether is also an anesthetic and it's pretty easy to get...

I'm also sure you could get N2O and I believe it's a decently safe anesthetic...

All that chloroform really does is knock someone out from lack of oxygen... it isn't fast like in movies... You would get the same effect from holding their nostrils and mouth closed for several minutes. Except with chloroform one would likely get a very bad headache from it breaking down...

Either way the risk of killing them is too great...

There is a "novel" knock out "trick" that i can't remember very well that school kids often do... something about the person breathing out all the air in their lungs, then people holding them around the waist in such a way as to make it hard to breath and lower the blood circulation... after a few minutes they fall unconscious...

The risk of putting anyone to sleep and accidentally killing them is too great... only unless you are a professional doctor...

There is a sleep drug that can be made from chloroform that comes to mind... but i wont go into that and I'm pretty sure that no one else will either. I wouldn't consider it "knock out" per-se anyways...

Sorry but where the hell is chloroform being illegal coming from?

"There is a sleep drug that can be made from chloroform that comes to mind... but i wont go into that and I'm pretty sure that no one else will either. I wouldn't consider it "knock out" per-se anyways..."

Purification for consumption, especially with regards to removal of excess chloroform from the reaction, is too difficult. And who wants to ingest something contaminated with a carcinogen*?

*I don't believe chloroform in its pure state is carcinogenic, but chloroform from the haloform reaction always contains an ammount of carbon tetrachloride, which is a known carcinogen.

Carcinogen or not, it causes liver damage I do believe. Chloroform isn't illegal, just technically controlled. Acetone is controlled as well. It's one of those things where unless you buy 500 gallons no one bats an eyelash.

Also, this thread is totally useless and getting locked. If you want a knockout concoction, invest in a baseball bat.