APC Forum

Elektric fire box

Cherbanov

This is how the elektrics work, the is tho give the box power, then there is a indikator lamp to show me that power is on, then there is the safety switch, it gives the ignition buttons there power. and I have a lamp to show me that. next is the fire buttons and last some speaker terminals. this box can you build for 44 dollars.

post-18-1189578958_thumb.jpg

I've made a box like that for more like $20... and about $5 of that was for the project box and $10 for the terminals..

Your box is very nice though... Whats the voltage your running to it?

12V. the box cost me about 15$. the terminals cost 7$, this is in sweden so I translated the cost to $ from SEK.

Thanks I did my best

I like the box! Do you use any resistors with the LEDs, as I would expect them to burn out soon without. Did you calculate the currents running through the circuit?

My box runs off of (2) 9 volts going through a 12v regulator...

I'm trying to work up a way to hook it up Via USB Port and use the 5v of power from the USB and the data +\- for triggering the firing... But as of now I don't have a microprocessor programmer to program it with, nor do I feel like making a pulse counter for something dangerous like a Pyro ignited....

My box was $5

Terminals about $3 a pair *2 = $6

Push button $3 for 5... had some already = $3

"Safety" switch because it looked cool = $5

Regular switch = free, have hundreds :)

Leds = free

Led housing = $2...

So about $21 for me... Not sure... Have lots of 9v clips laying around and like 5 12v regulators... Thousands of resistors...

Mines also a parallel design with normally-open push buttons...

I have 2 switches and 2 leds... I believe the leds have a 1k resistor on them... not sure

there are no LED lights, just ordernery lights I got them at a car seller. no calculation, I am now going to try my 40m kabel

2mm and se if it works with my old ignitors. think i need to make some new once. the old once are over a year old now, I hope they still work.

• 4 months later...
I have acually built something very similar to this but put a rotary switch in the ground to allow for more channels on less switches