APC Forum

Texas/ Around Texas

mormanman

Well since no one else got mad at the guy that made the topic about Canada then I figured hey I can do it. So who here is from Texas? And also I would promote anyone else to use the topic for any other questions on where people are from. By the way I live in the DFW area.

Austin/Cedar Park, Texas area.

Mumbles, though it would be weird... and im not too positive on the matter... perhaps a "Regional" forum section is in order... with individual stickied threads for states that get a fair deal of local pyrotechnic shows. It could be a sort of local whats up kinda thing where the state thread would be like a (ex) TPRRT (Texas Pyrotechnic Related Random Thread) with info on shows, meetups, local club shoots, etc in Texas. For strickly local stuff like for instance if discussion on where a good meet up spot in Texas should be... it could be discussed in the appropriate (TPRRT) thread... Personally i don't like the idea as i like the forum the way it is right now... nice and tidy.

But its something to consider as the forum grows and the frequency of similar "where are you? im in blank... anyone else here too?" threads increases... Perhaps instead of states it could be by the 5 (i think) major areas... like what southwestern, northwestern, north eastern, etc or whatnot.

Also it would be cool... though i have no idea if at all possible to have like a map of the world and little dots where all the members are from. To show the diversity. Perhaps have such a thing as a sticky somewhere. Could maybe be a link to some site and we would all go there and give nearby lattitude/longitude coordinates and it would plot them or something.. im sure such a free service exists... similar though weird things are seen on myspace, facebook, etc occasionally.

And thats my ramble for the night... just had to ramble on something... gotta get those several thousand daily dietary recommended key strokes...

I think posting all the states would be bad (like bob mentioned) but a regional thing (also like bob mentioned) like NE, NW, SE, SW, Midwest.... That would be nice...

I would like to know if I'm the only pyro in ohio other than some of my friends (and some idiot m-80 makers a few towns away)...

http://www.frappr.com has embeddable maps (North America only, though). You can insert the code into Myspace, Friendster, etc, or any website.

I'm a member of the IB Sub forum, "The Cult of the Infinitely Baffled", and it used to show member locations and sideshows of our sub installs.

Maybe something like this? If people weren't too paranoid to show where they're from :ph34r:

I'll give it some thought and try to figure out something for a regional subforum type of thing. Perhaps have the major areas of the states (southwest, northeast, midwest, Plains, Gulf Coast, Northwest), and then let people do invididual states within. At the moment I have not had nearly enough coffee to come up with anything too productive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For you texas pyros the Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas are having a shoot this saturday in Winnie, TX...

http://oc768.net/PAT/newsletters/PAT_Newsl...October2007.pdf

I'm going... it looks like ill only be there in the evening... but meh... anyone else planning on attending? As i understand it you can sign up and become a member on site. There is going to be a 1.4g display and a 1.3g display put on by non other than AM Pyro... should be great! There is also rocket shooting during the day and open shooting at night ish.

I'll have a couple shells at the least.

please email me SOON if you are going:

asilentbob (at) gmail (dot) com

Update.

The show was great! It had lots of big multibreaks! And in generally shells from all over! AM Pyro FTW.

There was only around 4 homemade shells shot off for open shooting. Including 2 of my own... my 4" win20 shell with 2 rising win20 shells and my 6" shell of shells. Both of which were mostly successes... On the 4" on of the rising shells didn't go... On the 6" it was too high (I used 1/13.5 shell weight in 1Fg), the break was a bit weak (I should have used a bit more whistle in the inner "bag"), The inner shells fuses didn't burn long enough (I thought they would burn too long hence the extra high lifting), and the stars burned up way to fast (i thought they would burn way to long)...

But now i know how to improve it... so... ill be ready... and i kinda have a place to shoot at now... occasionally... with permission. So perhaps ill start putting together a shell or 2 every week and go shoot em off occasionally.

• 1 month later...

South Texas here!

Kingsville, TX

Nice to hear it! That makes like ... 6 of us now?

Me, Ewest, deadman, vineman, mormanman, and you.

Actually... there is probably around 8 of us... i just can't remember everyone...

Well im not from texas, but i do have family there. Myself im stuck in the central IL. area, i hate it here! and now its freezing rain, rrrg

• 3 months later...
North Texas here... 1 hour west of Wichita Falls... 30 minutes from oklahoma border... Town named Vernon... Anyone up around my area?

Just got back from the PAT shoot, it was pretty good despite it being limited to 1.4g stuff.

Apparently whistling sparklers exist.

:blink: Hmmm... So you did go... which one were you? I guess I shoulda talked more to people there...

I thought the show was quite good... Got to see some really good seminars...

I was the guy with the long hair. lol.

Yeah those guys know their stuff pretty well. You should have been at PGI, tons and tons of seminars.

Roflmao... Which guy with the long hair...

I was wearing a green shirt... girlfriend was tagging along behind me everywhere I went... Couldn't miss me...

Had the white "DIY" shirt on.

Ah ok... So I stood right next to you during the seminars... lol... Imagine that... I'm not very talkative though... Well it was good seeing you... Guess we can chat at the next event... lol