APC Forum

APC Down

frogy

Your favorite Pyrotechnic and Chemistry forum has been down for a few days if you didn't notice.

Some files in the APC forums folder seem to have been corrupted by a currently unknown source.

The global config file from IPB (Invision Power Board) was erased and\or renamed to something it shouldn't have been causing the forum to spazz out and think it was not configured and create MySQL errors causing us to try to search for MySQL errors for quite some time. (How's that for a run on sentance?) I finally noticed that the config file was completely empty and then noticed it was named incorrectly. Renaming the file fixed the error and the logs show no signs of remote access.

Don't be alarmed by this, no information other than the config file was accessed or tampered with causing me to believe it was either a odd error.

Your information is kept in a MySQL database that is securely encrypted with MD5 hash or something similar and therefore is extremely secure...

I just wanted to thank frogy again for his help. Without it, I would have had to revert back to a backup from about a week ago. I'm glad he knows more about the software and php than I do, which isn't hard by any stretch of the imagination.