APC Forum

Starting new shop

pudidotdk

As a part of a group of three persons, we are going to start a new chemistry shop that sells chemicals mostly in the Europe, but perhaps also US.

I will stand for the pyrotechnical part of the chems, so I have the task to find out which chemicals would the buyers be most interested in. I'd appreciate if anyone would make a list of what they'd be most interested in finding on the side - most wanted first on the list etc...

Thanks,

pudidotdk

As a part of a group of three persons, we are going to start a new chemistry shop that sells chemicals mostly in the Europe, but perhaps also US.

I will stand for the pyrotechnical part of the chems, so I have the task to find out which chemicals would the buyers be most interested in. I'd appreciate if anyone would make a list of what they'd be most interested in finding on the side - most wanted first on the list etc...

Thanks,

pudidotdk

My top 5

-Potassium perchlorate

-Various grades of aluminium powder (Fine azomized and flake for streamer comps)

-Magnalium (100mesh and -200mesh)

-Red gum

-Parlon

Hope this helps :)

potassium perchlorate

parlon

strontium nitrate

red gum

aluminum

barium nitrate

hexamine

and obviously potassium nitrate, sulfur and charcoal.

Most wanted

-Potassium Perchlorate

-MgAl (-100/-200 mesh also)

-Red Gum

-Parlon

-Atomized Al (like -325 mesh for RP\similar)

-Coloring Agents

I'd definitely start with Potassium Perchlorate, Red Gum, and Parlon....

People can normally get coloring agents locally or somewhere else cheaper and MgAl can't be shipped in most places...

If you sell KClO4 \ KNO3 I wouldn't sell flash-grade Al.... By flash grade I mean -325 mesh Flake... -325 Atomized and higher are fine :D

-Potassium Perchlorate

-MgAl

-Flake Al

-PVC

-Ba/Sr Nitrate

-Other chems that are hard to find such as mercury? Or are you just doing pyro?

ALSO. I really advise putting in some research/effort to ship to Australia. I know there would be ALOT of interest ;)

Isnt mercury highly poisonous ? ,

anyway i would prefer dextrin

Ah, yes mercury is a health hazard. What about barium nitrate?

Though if you are talking about shipping restrictions then yes, there probably would be a few complications.

i never said barium nitrate isn't poisonous just that even though mercury is posionious it can be used safely and poisonous compounds are hard rto avoid in npyrotechnics.

BTW why do you need mercury?

Probably also:

sodium salicylate

sodium benzoate

potassium benzoate

red iron oxide

copper oxide

titanium sponge/flake/granular

ammonium perchlorate

k perchlorate

It might be in your best interest to only carry oxidizers, or only carry fuels - in either case, if you want to stock a minimum, carry only stuff that's very hard for most people to get (ie perch, sr/ba nitrate)

Contribution:

-Potassium Perchlorate.

-Calcium Carbide.

-Phenol.

-Ethanol.

-Potassium Nitrate.

-Copper (II) Oxide.

Although all of these chemicals are already accessible to me, it would be rather nice to have some more competitive prices.

Fuses in different sices and cat., eg. timefuse, visco, flying fish etc.

As well as e-matches at reasonable prices.

Where will your shop be located?

Maybe I'll drop in one day if you start up.

He lives by Denmark... So unless you're going to ride a boat over there and back... People from the USA won't be able to get Barium Nitrate or some other chemicals...

This is if he is running the store at his house and not one of his "associates" though...

I'd like to see

potassium perchlorate

potassium chlorate

strontium nitrate

shipable barium nitrate

ammonium perchlorate

and perhaps some metal powders,

but seeing as your in Denmark this probably won't be much help to me.

Draco Aster-> I stand for the pyrotechnical part only.

TIP:

Please post a list of what you want to see in the shop, and what you think other people might want to see there as well. I'm trying to find the 10 most wanted things by making a mark everytime someone mention it, so just because a chemical is already written by someone else, doesn't it neccesarily mean you can't write it too.

I'll limit to chems or perhaps visco in the first round, so no tools or tubes - sorry!

Ap, parlon, FeTi and dark german/indian Al are in the top of my list.

btw, if you need a cheap and reliable supplier of KP in Europe, pm me. He can deliver excellent prices if bought bulk. I can also include my Indian contacts if you are ready to import from outside the EU.

I know he lives in Denmark Frogy, and that's why I was interested in where his shop might be.

I guess Garta will provide some cheap KNO3, and some of the other stuff. Let me know if you set up shop and where

First of all, investigate whether:

1. It is legal for you to resell chemicals?

2. If yes, what permits you need, for selling as well as for storing bulk amounts. Do you need an official business?

3. Into which countries you cannot export, e.g. US can prosecute people in other countries for selling 'bomb/meth ingredients' to US.

Reason I say this is, two years ago a reseller in Germany was prosecuted, along with many of his customers (adress data from HDD!). They really tried to make a case, e.g. bicarb was assumed to be used only to neutralize nitro. Rediculous thing is how long it took and how much nerves/money it cost those people untill most charges were dropped (people ordering only acids, H2O2, hexamin + PE still had problems).

Second reason is a case where an (IIRC) Irish exporter got in trouble for selling e.g. red P and iodine to US. He also had pyro chems. Forgot the name though, but there's a thread somewhere at (APC/SMDB/WD/RS/???).

Good luck anyway!