APC Forum

KNO3+S

Fragala

well today i was bored got some KNO3 and some sugar mixed it but didnt melt it, I wonderd what would happen if i added some sulfur so i did but when i burned it all it did was smell, is this all its gonna do?. basically i just made a stink bomb?

Deserve it's on thread? Hell no.

But it is a simple question that might as well be answered before the thread is deleted or moved to the correct location (random thread).

Fragala, pay attention to what you're doing. How did you consider this chemistry? Read the rules, please.

Anyways, if all you do is mix sugar and potassium nitrate it will never melt. It needs heat to melt or an ignition source to burn. Also you didn't mention any ratios of ingredients for either mixture. So if you randomly mixed sulfur, sugar, and potassium nitrate all you will most likely end up with is a smelly smoke bomb, and a lot of slag. Those three particular ingredients are famous for rocket propellant. Most likely nobody will tell it to you because it is all over the internet already.

Good luck and start thinking about how people are going to react to you post before posting it.

Fragala,

All of the threads you started should NOT have been. They should have been simple posts in the open threads on the subject or in the random thread.

Do not start another thread

Locked.