APC Forum

Favourite Music?

pudidotdk

I like alot of the same stuff. Actually, I followed some of songs that clapton played on that unplugged thing back to their origins...and I even like some REALLY old time music in the ragtime and blues genres now.

Though even more so, I'm into the psychedic stuff (without the drugs of course). Like Cream and Hendrix, some of the Beatles, some of Pink Floyd, The Who, ect. ect.... Even some trippy Indian music or Hawaiian music is good from time to time. I don't know the names of any specific artists, but alot of the better known artists imitate them.

Oh yeah, and Allman Brothers and Derek and the Dominoes also kicked ass.

Then there are some new artists who are really good, but I can't find out what the hell their names are. For instance, I downloaded a video of a display from St. Andrew's fireworks factory in Malta, and one of the songs they had on there was amazing.

I'm into the psychedic stuff (without the drugs of course). Like Cream and Hendrix, some of the Beatles, some of Pink Floyd, The Who, ect. ect.... Even some trippy Indian music or Hawaiian music is good from time to time. I don't know the names of any specific artists, but alot of the better known artists imitate them.

if trippy indian music is doing it for you lately you might want to try the beatles song the inner light.

if you want to know the meaning behind the song it's about OBE's/remote viewing

they recorded this after thier little hiatus where they came back to the states all hippied out. it's very trippy and if you are into the whole "higher senses" concept then here's the recipie for the song...

listen to it 2 or 3 times, google "OBE", listen again

it's a head trip.

I have to agree with ST1DinHO as far as some of the older music goes, love the older bands he mentioned. I am, despite being 14, completely out of touch with what lots of kids are listening to. The newer bands I like are NOFX a little, Rancid, Filthy thieving bastards, swingin utters, social distortion, anything in the "Fat Wreck" genre.

The newer bands I like are NOFX a little, Rancid, Filthy thieving bastards, swingin utters, social distortion, anything in the "Fat Wreck" genre.

Hows about Lagwagon?

Saw Dimmu Borgir at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the gig. Their older stuff is particularly good - not too sure about some of their new stuff though!

Got tickets for Alabama Thunderpussy and also Dio Sabbath - this should be a fun few months : )

Hey ST1DinOH try listenin to some Social Distortion... Good stuff.

if you can recomend some songs in particular i can get them no problem with the magical google search string.

intitle:"index.of" (mp3) "song.name" -html -htm -php -asp -cf -jsp

^it's a beautiful thing

just replace whats in the quotes with the name of the song or the name of the band you want. just be sure to use a dot instead of a space

for example it's not "star spangled banner", it's "star.spangled.banner"

or if you want to look it up by artist just put the band name in instead of the song name and you can yank full albums.

I'm a big Steve Roach, Robert Rich, space music fan but also like a lot of ambient house and progressive house. My Foobar playlist today is:

The Orb - Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld

The Orb - U.F.Off

Long Range (Paul Hartnol) - Madness and Me

Numina - Sanctuary of Dreams

Sasha - Involver

Junkie XL - Music from the Computer Hell Cabin

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...

Air - Moon Safari

In a nutshell:

Opeth, Metallica, Cephalic Carnage, AFI, Decapitated, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, NIN, Faith No More, Butterfingers, Rockapella, Johnny Cash, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Vintersorg, Borknagar, Arch Enemy, The Offspring, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Drowning Pool, Skinless and Slayer.

If I am in a car with my mates its usually "pinger beats" That is, house music that is only good when on extacy :P

• 3 years later...

I just made a quick recording of my cover of the song John Law Burned Down The Liquor Store by one of my favorite artists Chris Thomas King. The file is attached.

He wrote several of the songs used in O Brother Where Art Thou

Edited by NightHawkInLight

a lot of metal fans here.. thats cool.

Im really into punk..

Bouncing souls

Bad religion

Face to Face

anti-flag

NOFX

pennywise

Pietasters

rancid

strung out

descendents

Minor threat

Social D

Also like the doors, sublime, Jack Johnson, billy joel, nirvana, green day, older Metallica (Kill Em all, Ride the lightning, Master of Puppets)

Edited by pyrochris732

I have to agree with ST1DinHO as far as some of the older music goes, love the older bands he mentioned. I am, despite being 14, completely out of touch with what lots of kids are listening to. The newer bands I like are NOFX a little, Rancid, Filthy thieving bastards, swingin utters, social distortion, anything in the "Fat Wreck" genre.

good to see the younger guys into this music. Im 33 and have been to my share of NOFX, rancid, and social d shows. Music these days has really gone down the shitter. I really cant stand the poppy sounding "punk" bands as they call themselves.

I just made a quick recording of my cover of the song John Law Burned Down The Liquor Store by one of my favorite artists Chris Thomas King. The file is attached.

Sweet. How long have you been playing? It's criminal that I haven't heard of Chris Thomas King until now. (The man has a Johnny Cash tribute album and he still isn't on my playlist yet.)

OK I'm fuckin' old...but do not dismiss my calls here. You might do well to listen to:

The Who- Quadrophenia in it's entirety- teen angst encapsulated

Judas Priest- quintessential heavy metal

Tragically Hip Top notch folksy/rock/hip stuff

Rolling Stones- just because they ARE the Stones.

OK, now I don't wanna argue. Just ignore this post.

The Who- Quadrophenia in it's entirety- teen angst encapsulated

Hell yeah. Quadrophenia is the story of my life. I'd say start with Disc 2, but I'm weird like that.

How can you not love the Stones?

According to Last.fm, my favourite bands are currently Warren Zevon, The Who, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Grinderman (Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, played in Toronto recently!), Brainiac, Venetian Snares, The Stalin, and random alt-rock/metal/grunge/post punk/hardcore/noise/glitch bands that are kind of outside the mainstream. (Clockcleaner, Ruins, Young Widows, Dan Friel, etc.)

Some of the other posts here bring me back.

Sweet. How long have you been playing? It's criminal that I haven't heard of Chris Thomas King until now. (The man has a Johnny Cash tribute album and he still isn't on my playlist yet.)

Yeah he's great. Quite a few of his songs are all time favorites. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now.

• 1 month later...

a lot of metal fans here.. thats cool.

Im really into punk..

Bouncing souls

Bad religion

Face to Face

anti-flag

NOFX

pennywise

Pietasters

rancid

strung out

descendents

Minor threat

Social D

im more into the urban hardcore punk genre (Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front, Leeway, W.A.R., Bad Brains, Black Flag)

Im into Thrash Metal (Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Kreator, Sepultura) but also love Punk and Oi! music

These days I mostly listen to indie rock, or hardcore/ metal from the 90s. I have drifted away from the punk and hardcore music scenes since I had to grow up and get a real job. In high school and college I promoted shows, reviewed albums, and did some other behid the scenes work for a few bands and independent record labels. Good times back then.

• 4 weeks later...
Bluesy folk stuff... Bruce Cockburn.

Bluesy folk stuff... Bruce Cockburn.

Check out some Chris Thomas King