APC Forum

Question about stars that burst into clusters of smaller stars...

Soloserly

Probably a total newbie question, but I've looked at dozens of videos and searched forums for hours and I can't find a name or composition to match a fireworks effect I've seen many times and recently saw again in a commercial shell I shot.  It was a 2 inch two-break cylinder shell that burst with a typical brocade crown on the first break and then the second break burst into 30 to 40 bright silver stars that immediately burst into little clusters of smaller stars (see the video linked below).  It couldn't have been any kind of insert because the shell was much too small to fit that many in, and the original stars must have been pretty small to begin with since there were so many of them in such a small shell.  The manufacturer's tag called it a "silver chrysanthemum" effect, but that doesn't really describe what I saw, and it isn't crackle/dragon egg, or glitter.  It is a bunch of stars bursting into compact ellipses of smaller stars.  Anybody know what this is called and better yet, know the composition for making it?  https://youtube.com/shorts/WzLFJ3lOYlU?feature=share

I thought if that, but I've never seen Crossettes that small.  These couldn't be larger than a pea.

Posted here hoping there's a composition that does this.

Second one is definitely dragon flower. I can clearly here its sound in video.

It is very small in size too(as you are saying) it uses dragon egg micro stars with ferrotitanium or titanium added inside in the formula or sometimes ferrotitanium or titanium is coated over dragon egg core or it is aaded in the priming composition (prime must be in molten state after it burns,so heat from prime ignites dragon egg core and explodes and titanium or ferrotitanium in prime produces that effect.)

It is not crosette at all....its dragon flower.

Thanks, that sounds more like it.  I guess it's time to start experimenting!

13 minutes ago, Zumber said:

Second one is definitely dragon flower. I can clearly here its sound in video.

It is very small in size too(as you are saying) it uses dragon egg micro stars with ferrotitanium or titanium added inside in the formula or sometimes ferrotitanium or titanium is coated over dragon egg core or it is aaded in the priming composition (prime must be in molten state after it burns,so heat from prime ignites dragon egg core and explodes and titanium or ferrotitanium in prime produces that effect.)

It is not crosette at all....its dragon flower.

Thanks for responding.  You got me thinking that it might be cool to scale up this effect in a larger shell using crossettes with a colored core layer... 

14 hours ago, Soloserly said:

Thanks for responding.  You got me thinking that it might be cool to scale up this effect in a larger shell using crossettes with a colored core layer... 

Here is my method how i made crackling flowers. Good luck

Edited by skysparkler

Thanks!  What does "Fenol formaldehide 12 ~ Red gum 14" mean?  Does that mean I could use either?

Yes either phenolic resin or red gum......