APC Forum

Finally made another rocket.

justvisiting

Been in pyro rocket drydock for way too long, finally made one up. The video is not great, but I liked how it turned out. It's a 3lb long-spindled nozzleless BP rocket with a 6" willow diadem shell on it. The 'regular' WD formula was a bit too slow for my liking and the tiger willow diadem was too fast. I took both formulas and made a 50/50 batch for these cut stars. I used the bag method and jumble-filled the shell. I had 2 rolls of waterproof quickmatch around since forever, so I used that up just for the heck of it.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7iKKEjKsbZo

• Like 2

Nice. That rocket performed nicely! The header effect was nice too, I've yet to try any of the Willow Diadem or variants yet.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How high did the rocket reach, and did you use a commercial rocket motor or your own?

I'd say 600 feet, maybe 700? It was a 6" shell on top with willow diadem cut stars. I made the motor. It was a 12" long BP nozzleless motor made with moistened hot BP and pressed to around 3500psi on the comp area, in a waxed tube.

Note: I'm DavidF again because my other computer with the 'justvisiting' moniker got zapped, and this one with my old account on it came back to life.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say 600 feet, maybe 700? It was a 6" shell on top with willow diadem cut stars. I made the motor. It was a 12" long BP nozzleless motor made with moistened hot BP and pressed to around 3500psi on the comp area, in a waxed tube.

Note: I'm DavidF again because my other computer with the 'justvisiting' moniker got zapped, and this one with my old account on it came back to life.

Sad but funny at the same time.

Welcome back David. :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you want access to the other, just let me know and I can get you all taken care of.