APC Forum

Favourite Books

weknowpyro

As we have a thread for favourite films, I thought that we could for books.

A list of some of my favourite books:

They called it passchendaele.

The night of the generals.

The heart of darkness.

The Valhalla exchange.

The blue max.

Memoirs of a British agent.

The small back room.

Introducing: Quantum theory.

Chemistry of fireworks.

Chemistry of explosives.

What are your favourite books?

I've read a few Dan Brown, I liked them although they are very identical.

The Harry Potter books are also quite good.

Not a big bookworm though :P

Damm i used to read a shit load of books, but know hardly any. I guess anthony horowitz is my favourite author.

• 2 months later...
I haven't finished yet but The Five People You Meet in Heaven. It unfolding rather nice.

I've been reading a few books by Mary Roach lately. They're actually pretty funny for being scientifically based. One is called Stiff, and is about the historical and research uses of cadavers. There is a bit on cremation, and other forms of disposal. The one I am reading currently is called Spook. It's about the search for the human soul, and what happens after we die. It's not as good as the other one, but still pretty interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
You guys know how I said that I was reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven, well I finished a while ago and I have to say it is a good book. Easy to read. I highly recomend it.

I am a Dean Koontz fan.

I like the topics, and subjects that are the backbone in his books ie: hypnosis, depervation tanks, sci-fi, etc.

I'm a big fan of Steven Erikson's "Malazan Book's of the Fallen" series. They're incredibly well developed, complex, and (best of all) run 700-800 pages. I order them from the UK so I don't have to wait for them to be published here.

I also like:

Glenn Cook

Peter Hamilton

Neal Stephenson

And I loved "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. Awesome tale of Victorian-era English magic.